WIN-T SATCOM Instructor/Field Operations
Posted on: April 6, 2019
The Defense Group at Leidos currently seeking a Telecommunications
Specialist to provide troubleshooting, installation and support for
the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc.
1). The WIN-T INC 1 is a communications network that provides the
Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in
a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial
off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system includes the following
equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch
(SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes
(BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite
Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment
1 (WIN-T Inc. 1) with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS
at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding
needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match
the fielding requirements and ensure operational ability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary
technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on WIN-T INC 1 systems.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation
prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations,
modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and hand-offs for
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues,
determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and
recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software
upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each
location based on best practices across the program and through
peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of
operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system
- Prepare and coordinate TPF activities including New material
Introductory Briefings (NMIB), validation of unit Materiel
Requirements Lists (MRL), prepare After Action Reports (AAR) and
other actions as required for the TPF.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain
TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new
system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and
maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant
instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on
complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of
systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to
maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or
other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of directly related experience. 4
additional years experience will offset the degree
- Specific experience required includes router, gateways, Cisco
ASA Firewalls, Linux and Windows Operation Systems.
- Experience with Satellite Communications to include; Set-up,
troubleshooting and understanding NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne,
FDMA and NCW modern operations.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN network
- Experience in the set-up, trouble shooting and understanding of
Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWARE VCP-DCV), set-up,
troubleshooting and understand the various WIN-T assemblages.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
Additional certifications such as A+, Network+, CCNA etc.
Keywords: Leidos, Killeen , WIN-T SATCOM Instructor/Field Operations, Education / Teaching , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!