CFO in Training
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Acadia Healthcare is currently recruiting for a strong energetic
professional and leader to join our team as a CFO in Training. The
CFO in Training is an employed position- not an internship. **The
CFO in Training location will be at Cedar Crest Behavioral in
Belton, TX.** Once the training is completed, CFO in Training must
be willing to relocate to begin a Hospital CFO role. How We Help
Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its
patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric
hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment
centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs.
Located near Austin, Cedar Crest Hospital & Residential Treatment
Center is a premier provider of mental health and co-occurring
substance use disorder treatment for individuals of all genders. We
offer a robust continuum of care that includes inpatient and
outpatient treatment for adults, adolescents, and children, along
with residential treatment for adolescents. Each patient's healing
process is different, but elements of treatment at our facility
typically include individual, group, and family therapies. Our
experienced team strives to enrich the lives of those who turn to
us for treatment by helping them learn to manage the symptoms that
caused them to seek care in the first place. Acadia Healthcare's
mission is to create a world-class organization that sets the
standard of excellence in the treatment of specialty behavioral
health and addiction disorders. Acadia's management style and
philosophy is one of collaboration and flexibility as we create an
energetic and team oriented service delivery system. Our
organization values input from employees, physicians, and all
strategic alliances. As evidenced in our mission statement, Acadia
Healthcare's mission is to create behavioral health centers where
people receive care that enables them to regain hope in a
supportive, caring environment. We want Acadia to be synonymous
with excellent care, phenomenal customer service and an
unparalleled commitment to our patients, staff, physicians, and
community. Your Impact as CFO in Training Improving the lives we
touch is our number one goal at Acadia Healthcare. The Chief
Financial Officer (In Training) will function in a mentee role
under the mentorship of assigned Chief Financial Officer. CFO
Mentee shall perform tasks as assigned through the formal CFO
Training Program and become familiar with day-to-day operations and
financial management of the healthcare facility. While the majority
of the training will take place at the facility assigned, training
will also take place at other Acadia facilities, at the discretion
of the Operations CFO and/or Controller. At the completion of
training, the CFO will be assigned to a facility.
- While completing formal CFO Training Program, the CFO in
Training will observe/learn/assist CFO in the following core
- Provides administrative financial oversight and leadership.
Manages day-to day financial operations and staff so that the
hospital achieves its financial objectives and attains key
- Supervises all areas of General Accounting to ensure adherence
to Acadia Accounting policies and procedures. Becomes knowledgeable
of various Information Systems used to record accounting
- Ensures all facets of the Revenue Cycle are functioning
properly. Works with the Business Office to ensure facility is paid
for services rendered.
- Understands how the facility is reimbursed by various payers
and for various services. Understands how contracted agreements,
bad debt calculations, administrative adjustments, and denials
management works, as well as appropriate application of the charity
- Understands all aspects of Admissions, Intake and Utilization
Management, including understanding how referrals are obtained,
certifications for patient stays from third parties and any other
information needed to ensure payment.
- Assists the CEO and management team with appropriate staffing
of the facility to provide quality patient care and to meet
productivity benchmarks. Provides information, monitors results and
participates in staffing decisions.
- Ensures the facility is following the Acadia capitalization
policies and approval processes for asset purchases. This includes
completing a capital budget, proper completion of CERs, proper
recording of assets and leases and ensuring the location of all
assets is known.
- Monitors facility purchases. This includes assisting department
managers with appropriate selection of supplies, ensuring
inventories are properly maintained and recorded, and appropriate
vendors are used based on contracts.
- Ensures that Internal Controls are in compliance to protect the
company, reduce the risk of asset loss and to prevent errors and
misstatement of financial statements.
- Understands the activities of the Business Development staff,
as it relates to providing volume growth expectations, and provides
support and guidance on where business development resources should
- Collaborates with the CEO and management team in the annual
strategic planning process and drives the subsequent preparation of
the facility's annual budget. Provides financial data and analysis,
completes pro-formas for new services, and provides ongoing
feedback on performance.
- Understands the impact of all Quality, Compliance, Risk and
Legal policies, procedures and regulations on the
profitability/viability of the facility.
- Ensures that physicians are paid based on contracts, assists
CEO as needed with recruitment efforts, ensures collection of
physician revenues and completes profitability analysis on employed
- Understands the impact of Health Information Management,
including proper documentation to substantiate medical necessity,
billing requirements are met, and coding is completed timely and
- Understand the day-to-day clinical and support management and
operation of the hospital in order to assist in the facility
patient care and business objectives.
- Appraises team performance, both of individual members and the
team as a whole, assesses competencies, and provides
coaching/corrective action as appropriate.
- Analyzes and explains financial results of the facility.
- BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data
& information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to
interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all
- both internal and external.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior
attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the organization.
- English sufficient to provide and receive
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Killeen , CFO in Training, Executive , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!