Care Manager RN PRN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Care Manager RN PRN will be responsible for assessing and
coordinating patient care across the continuum, utilizing accepted
criteria and guidelines to manage benefits and determine medical
necessity of services provided. This position will function as a
clinician, case manager and educator to achieve optimal clinical
and quality outcomes by effectively managing care and resources to
reduce unnecessary utilization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses plans, implements, documents, coordinates, monitors,
evaluates and updates the plan of care by collaborating with all
members of the health care team to provide evidenced based
- Establishes patient care management plans, interventions,
treatment goals and self-management goals.
- Assesses the health care, educational and psychosocial needs of
the patient and family.
- Assists patients with self-management through education, visits
and telephonic engagement; encourages and supports patient
adherence to their care plans.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends resources to meet medical
and non-medical needs of patients and families. Collaborates,
refers and communicates across all programs to ensure appropriate
coordination of services.
- Researches and takes an active role in identifying problems and
possible solutions in the coordination of care to determine most
- Acts as liaison to hospital, long-term care, specialists and
home health representatives.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Associate's degree in nursing.
- Specialty Certification strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge of care management, resource and utilization
- Skilled in care management and patient assessments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor, assess and record patient progress against
a plan of care.
- Ability to facilitate patient access to community
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external
medical staff and external partners and organizations.
- Ability to assess, adapt, and calmly respond to changing and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all aspects of patient
information in accordance with all applicable policies and
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Associate's
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - -Registered Nurse (RN)
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Care Manager RN PRN, Executive , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!