Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager - Belton, TX
Company: Clayton Holdings
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager - Belton, TX
Position Summary: The EHS Manager is accountable for
theenvironmental, health and safety functions for the home building
facility. Thisrole implements and ensures compliance with
environmental and safety trainingactivities and programs intended
to create a safe and healthful workplace. TheEHS Manager will use
proven methods for identifying and eliminating hazards andreducing
accidents as well as reducing the business impact on
theenvironment. This position influencesplant GM, PM, Area
Coordinators, Team Leaders and Team Members to improveplants'
environmental and safety efforts. The EHS Manager works with Home
Office management with respect toenvironmental and safety training
programs as required. This role monitors andmaintains
environmental, safety and health programs for plant team
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintain all record keeping and conduct activities necessaryfor
environmental compliance (monthly material usage record keeping,
stormwater, air permitting, etc).
- Walk through with environmental consultant (STRATA)personnel
during scheduled visits. Complete Annual Storm water and
- Champion the ISO certification/surveillance efforts toinclude
leading EHS Committee and participating in Objectives and Targets
- Lead the ISO Coordinator and when not available conducttheir
duties (see Environmental/ISO Coordinator job description. Health
- Champion the team's health efforts by working with
wellnesscoordinator to promote good eating habits, physical fitness
and mental health.
- Set a great example for the team by continuing to improveone's
personal wellness. Safety / Workers' Compensation
- Conduct and complete Injury and Illness report with injuredteam
member, Area Coordinator and Team Leader or Manager after
completingthorough accident investigation.
- Ensure post-accident drug screens are completed as
- Call in, fax or e-mail First Report of Injury to
Broadspirewithin 24-hours of accident, or sooner.
- Act as worker's compensation liaison and participate
inquarterly reviews of loss runs. Complete and maintain OSHA 300
- Administer the company's Return-to-Work program includingthe
transitional employment teams.
- Report to Home Office EHS Director monthly reportingnumbers;
(OSHA entries for previous month, Lost Time Accident and OSHA
streaksin number of days).
- Administer the workers' compensation program, which
includesworking with the company's insurance carrier to reduce lost
time and fraudulentclaims, case management and communications with
- Maintain active involvement in teams' safety committeefunctions
by coordinating monthly meetings and inspections, ensuring
recordingof minutes, and coordination of changes based on committee
feedback andinspection results.
- Walk through with property carrier loss control personnelduring
scheduled visits. Provide written plan of action within 30 days
toproperty carrier representative and Home Office EHS
- Walk through with Fortier loss control personnel
duringscheduled visits and complete all corrective actions within
30-days or less.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with area coordinators andteam
leaders to review and discuss each group's accidents and
injuries.Identify ways to prevent reoccurrence of accidents by
reengineering, changingthe process or providing personal protective
- Conduct facility inspections to detect existing or
potentialsafety hazards and make recommendations regarding
corrective or preventivemeasures to management.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards
andregulations such as Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tag out, Blood
bornePathogens, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Evacuation Plans,
etc. utilizing theHome Office EHS Director as a resource.
- Ensure compliance with company and home building
facilitypolicies and procedures relating to Scissor Lifts, Fall
Protection, Line Roll,Hitch Lock, Hot Works, Suspended Loads, Saw
Safety, etc. utilizing the HomeOffice EHS Director as a
- Participate in and follow-up on the investigation of
work-relatedinjuries/illnesses, on-the-job accidents, or near
misses as required.
- Complete Near Miss and/or Lost Time Accident Case studiesand
send to Home Office EHS Director.
- Administer Hearing Conservation Program.
- Conduct annual Job Hazard Analysis and provide feedback toall
- Ensure team members who are First Responders are trained
inFirst Aid, CPR and AED; and are certified by State and Federal
- Maintain current MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
masterbinder. Provide individual binders for the designated teams
in manufacturingfacility. Training
- Develop and conduct required OSHA training programs on
plantwork practices, safety precautions and procedures as
- Safety and Health Manual requires updating, ensuringprocedures
are consistent with written programs. Make necessary changes as
neededand keep team informed.
- Maintain team member records for all completed
- Develop and conduct safety training as required by State
andFederal law, regulations, etc.
- Ensure all forklift, tractor and other associated
poweredindustrial truck operators are effectively trained and
licensed to operatesafely as required by OSHA and applicable State
and Federal laws.
Conduct effective New Hire Orientation safety training.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies or related
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking is preferred, but not required.
- General understanding and knowledge of federal, state,local,
and company regulations and standards applicable to
environmentalprotection agency (EPA) and occupational health and
safety (OSHA) practices andprograms, state workers' compensation
programs, and ISO program familiarity.
- Experience in safety culture and industrial environmentstrongly
- Great people/leadership skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills. Physical
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work may require stooping, bending, crouching,
crawling,pushing, and / or pulling.
- Must be able to communicate with others via phone, email,and in
person. Must be able to exchange accurate information with
- Work environment is not temperature controlled and mayresult in
exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Work primarily involves sitting / standing, up to 4 hours ata
time. Travel Requirements:
- None Why Clayton?
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create theirown
health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides
competitive401K programs, including investment options and company
matching for full andpart time employees after one year to help our
team members achieve theirfinancial goals. Additional benefits
include paid parental leave, tuitionreimbursement, Employee
Assistance Programs, and more.
- As part of Clayton's commitment to Opening Doors to a
BetterLife, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to
volunteer tocauses that are meaningful to them through the Clayton
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the followingForbes
lists: America's Best Employers, America's Best Employers by State,
BestEmployers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with
physical,nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational
programs availableonline or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.Clayton
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basisof race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation,protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status.
520 SPARTA ROAD
BELTON, Texas, 76513
Keywords: Clayton Holdings, Killeen , Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager - Belton, TX, Executive , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...