Physician / Pediatrics / Texas / Permanent / Physician Assistant Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: December 3, 2019
PA - Physician Assistant
Just Plain Fun!!
The Community - Temple and Killeen, TX
Temple and Killeen are located in Central Texas. The area continues
to see unprecedented growth in its business sector. This growth has
caused a ripple effect in the quantity and quality of
entertainment, dining and shopping venues available in and around
Temple. During the past year, Temple has experienced this ripple
effect in many areas. The Premiere Cinema 12 expanded its 12-screen
theater to 16 screens, the Czech Heritage Museum relocated from
inside the SPJST insurance Co. into it's current building, a larger
building on the corner of French and 3rd Street; and the Temple
Civic Theatre combined efforts with Temple College so that
performances could be seen in the larger Temple College Performing
Arts Center. These are just a few examples of the recent growth
that is sure to continue. Killeen is directly adjacent to the main
cantonment of Fort Hood, and as such its economy heavily depends on
the post and the soldiers (and their families) stationed there.
Fort Hood is a U.S. military post located in Killeen, Texas. The
post is named after Confederate General John Bell Hood. It is
located halfway between Austin and Waco, about 60 miles (100 km)
from each, within the U.S. state of Texas. Its origin was the need
for wide-open space to test and train with World War II tank
destroyers. The War Department announced the location in January
1942, and the initial completion was set for that August. As
originally constructed, Fort Hood had an area of 158,706 acres
(64,226 ha), with billeting for 6,007 officers and 82,610 enlisted
personnel. The main cantonment of Fort Hood had a total population
of 53,416 as of the 2010 U.S. Census. Fort Hood is the most
populous U.S. military installation in the world. It is in Bell
County, with some portions of the post in Coryell County. In April
2014, the website lists 45,414 assigned soldiers and 8,900 civilian
employees with Fort Hood covering 214,000 acres.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provider shall have sufficient training/experience to be able
to adequately diagnose and treat acute diseases and injuries to
include but not limited to the following: Skin, Head, Eyes, Ears,
Nose, Throat, Neck, Cardiovascular System, Pulmonary System,
Gastrointestinal System, Musculoskeletal System, Genitourinary
System, Reproductive System, Lymphatic System, Central Nervous
System, Endocrine System.
- Become familiar with the hospital formulary and prescribe
pharmaceuticals according to the drugs listed.
- Generate and maintain proper medical record on beneficiaries to
whom treatment is provided.
- Take part in clinic Quality Assurance Program as required to
meet the standards of the Joint Commission.
- Responsible for maintenance of the highest standards of
professional care in the treatment of patients and in the teaching
and training of residents and technicians. Prepare and document
appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis. Maintain
documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital
directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required
by the contract. Ensure all documentation and reports are
- Coordination with other departments of the medical facility
staff to provide complete care to patients.
- Provide and document medical advice to patients by telephone as
appropriate and in accordance with protocols.
- Provide clinical direction to supporting government personnel
assigned to their area during the performance of clinical
- Consult with supervisor and/or colleagues, which are normally
available, regarding problems either professional or
- Responsible for the quality and the timeliness of treatment
records and reports required to document procedures performed and
- Participates in clinical education programs and in clinical
staff quality improvement functions as prescribed by the Deputy
Commander for Clinical Services
- Comply with the quality control program and the standing
- Participate in clinical and quality review processes as
determined by hospital policy.Qualifications
- Must possess a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree from an
accredited university within respective profession.
- Shall possess current Board Certification by the National
Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Must have at least one (1) year experience within the last
three (3) years of routinely practicing as a Physician
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement
Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the
contract services. Any change to the DEA requirements to obtain a
valid DEA registration number is applicable when the incumbent's
existing DEA registration expires.
- Must have and maintain a current, active, valid unrestricted
state license to practice medicine in one of the 50 states in the
United States, or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of
Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, as required
obtaining or renewing a DEA registration number under the then
effective DEA rules.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Killeen , Physician / Pediatrics / Texas / Permanent / Physician Assistant Job, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!