Registered Respiratory Therapist
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Registered Respiratory Therapist - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
* Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying
with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days
a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
* Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both
professionally and personally working with great individuals, part
of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture
where you become family.
* Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and
* Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
* Largest school district in the area, with more than 50
elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose
* Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and
Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun
* Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Respiratory Therapist provides high quality high quality
* Receives and provides report regarding progress of all patients
* Prioritizes work appropriately and ensures all work completed
* Interacts with all members of the health care team to assure
efficient problem resolution
* Assess need for and initiates oxygen therapy, assessing efficacy
and appropriateness through use of physical assessment, Spo2 and
arterial blood gas sampling and interaction.
* Works closely with nurses and physicians to aid with all aspects
of patient care.
* Reviews patient's charts and notes any changes in therapy before
each procedure; documents all procedures appropriately
* Notifies appropriate personnel of any adverse reactions to
therapy of practice.
* Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of
* Strives to accommodate changing needs of the department while
maintaining high productivity, availability, and efficient use of
physical resources and supplies.
* Performs age specific care for age categories: infant, child,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
* Reviews, collects, and evaluates pertinent and relevant clinical
* Performs basic therapeutic procedures for infant, child, adult,
and geriatric patients
* Communicates changes in treatment plans with other respiratory
* Provides effective education to patients, students, and
* Performs procedures within the scope of practice as defined by
the departmental policy and procedure manual and development level
* Responds to announced emergency situations
* Notifies nursing of any adverse reaction to therapy
* Adheres to infection prevention policies and procedures.
* Documents and charges in the patient's electronic medical record
* Uphold professional standards for performance and conduct
* Participates in departmental, hospital, and community
* Maintains membership in professional organization
* Actively participates in performance improvement
* Actively participates in positive skills mentorship for other
* Active participation in department to include meeting attendance,
project participation, participation in team discussions and/or
huddles, review of email and huddle board at least once per shift
* Knowledgeable in regulatory standards as they apply to the
department and position
* Leaves work area such as workstation, med cart, vent tops, and
bedsides in good order and ready for the next shift (to include
removing unused meds from cart, returning unused supplies, removing
dirty/unused equipment, updating report sheets/boards, etc.)
* Clocks in on time and clocks out on time to maintain fiscal
* Always adheres to Standards of Professional Behavior, Values,
Mission, and Vision. Avoids unprofessional activities such as
gossip, negative conversations and behavior, 'pot-stirring',
complaining, etc. Always displays a positive, helpful, and willing
attitude along with appropriate communication to RT and
interdisciplinary teammates. Displays respect at all times to RT
and interdisciplinary team mates, patients, families, and visitors.
Does not use the ideology of 'it's not my job'. Emphasizes
inclusion and diversity of thought, action, and person.
What You Will Need:
* Extensive knowledge of clinical applications, principles, and
practices of respiratory critical care and an ability to act
quickly and competently in emergency situations.
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Experience in ED, ICU, and neonatal settings preferred
* Successfully passed the Registered Respiratory Therapist exam
with the National Board for Respiratory Care approved by the
Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoArc) or a
successor accrediting authority
* Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the state of
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the
National Board of Respiratory Care
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
* ACLS, PALS, NRP Certifications preferred
* Active AARC Membership preferred
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for
providing basic and advanced respiratory services to infant,
pediatric, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. The RRT
performs routine respiratory clinical care including medication
administration, arterial puncture, breathing exercises and
retraining, initiation and monitoring of oxygen therapy and pulse
oximeters. In addition, the RRT performs critical care duties
including the initiation of, management, and discontinuation of
mechanical ventilation, endotracheal intubation assist, airway care
and attendance at deliveries and cardiopulmonary resuscitations
dependent upon the RRT level of professional development attained.
May perform routine and emergency care for age categories infant,
child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Killeen , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!