RN Obstetrical Nights
Posted on: August 27, 2020
Registered Nurse - Couplet Care
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
* Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying
with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days
a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
* Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both
professionally and personally working with great individuals, part
of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture
where you become family.
* Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and
* Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
* Largest school district in the area, with more than 50
elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose
* Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and
Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun
* Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational
Full time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 15%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries. Maintains
skills in neonatal resuscitation.
* Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk
obstetrical patients. Recognition of maternal and/or newborn
problems are identified and reported to the physician.
* Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when
indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of
* Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled
* Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant
others with matching identification bands. Documents band
identification number appropriately in medical record.
What You Will Need:
* Current RN License (Texas or Multi-state)
* Associates of Nursing
* BLS (NRP & ACLS) required within first 90 days of employment.
The Metroplex Health System Department of Maternal Child Health is
divided into 4 areas. We have a 22-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical
unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN
surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Labor and
Delivery and Nursery/Special Care Nursery.
The Metroplex Health System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an
important role as a central patient care provider responsible for
the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As
a full partner of the healthcare team, the Metroplex Health System
RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve
successful execution of the patient's plan-of-care. The RN utilizes
physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to
aid in the assessment of the patient's nursing care needs. Data
collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other
healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the
patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs,
continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the
desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as
directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high
levels of patient satisfaction. Position requires experience in a
specialty area of obstetrical clinical nursing activities in the
areas of OB, Post-partum/Couplet Care, Antepartum, OB Operating
Room, level one nursery and providing technical nursing support to
nursing staff to ensure patient assessments are skilled and
comprehensive care to patients.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Killeen , RN Obstetrical Nights, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!