Medical Lab Scientist Nights $5000 Sign On
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Description Medical Technologist - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: -2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX - 76549 Our
team members are nationally recognized for delivering the highest
level of care. We offer the latest advances in medicine and provide
uncommon compassion as part of our faith-based approach to
wellness. Our employees make a difference on a higher level by
Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central
Texas & AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive
salary while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for
patients' bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate
about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives
of others. Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas,
- Up to $5000 Sign on Bonus
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and
AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell,
Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook
are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the
services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the
continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will
enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities
for growth while working in an environment that is centered around
our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Work
Hours/Shift: Full Time 10:30pm - 7:00am Alternating Weekends What
You Will Need:
- Bachelor's or advanced graduate degree in clinical laboratory
science, one of the specialty areas or one of the chemical or
biological sciences. Board-registered or eligible for registry as a
medical technologist or specialist in a specialty field.
- By a board of clinical laboratory science as a certified
technologist. Preferably with one of the national registries
associated with laboratory practice (NCA, ASCP, NRCC, etc.) as a
generalist or clinical specialist. Qualifications You Will Be
- Knowledgeable of the policies and procedures as related to the
clinical area assigned.
- Meets all responsibility and requirements of clinical
laboratory technologist as defined by federal, state and local
laws. Also Assists the section supervisor in the daily operation in
any one or all areas of the section assigned.
- Is able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations
with little or no supervision. Has oral and communicative skills
adequate to comprehend technical material and communicates with
- Practices clinical laboratory science, which means is
responsible for the examination of materials or specimens taken
from the human body to provide information or material for use in
the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease or the
assessment of a medical condition. This includes the preanalytic,
analytic and postanalytic phases of such examinations.
- Performs clinical laboratory examinations as well as clerical
duties as needed within any and all sections of the laboratory
depending on the scope of the laboratory's activity and
availability of personnel. Typically, these duties include certain
preanalytic functions and/or stat testing during off shifts and/or
weekends. This may include temporary work assignments in any
section or department of the laboratory. Occasional phlebotomy
duties may also be assigned as needed by the Administrative
- Performs clinical laboratory examinations on body fluids and
exudates utilizing quantitative, qualitative or automated
- Performs any test for which competency has been validated to
obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Receives written or electronic requests from physicians for
routine or special laboratory tests.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory instrumentation as
- Interacts with and/or performs clinical laboratory examinations
on patients of all ages. - Obtains specimens for clinical
laboratory examination directly from any patient of any age,
- After proper instruction, must be able to operate any
scientific instrument and perform any required procedure. Must be
able to use independent judgment and knowledge to perform related
- Must possess sufficient academic, technical and clinical skills
and knowledge to evaluate, trouble shoot, research and resolve
day-to day problems that arise or special projects as assigned by
Supervisors or Laboratory Administration.
- May be required to oversee the work of non-independent
technicians and trainees.
- In the absence of a section supervisor, may be designated to
serve as an acting supervisor of a section, with all incumbent
duties of the section supervisor.
- Near visual acuity is required to read detailed instructions to
- Must possess technical reading skills in order to be able to
read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Has knowledge of and understands current College of American
Pathology (CAP) Standards for the clinical aspect of the
- Excellent customer service skills.
- This is a staff -level position reporting directly to all staff
Supervisors This facility is an equal opportunity employer and
complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws,
regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , Medical Lab Scientist Nights $5000 Sign On, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!