Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Pathology Tech accessions surgical pathology specimens into the
pathology LIS, assist with frozen section specimens, assist with
autopsies, inventories and orders supplies, and ensures all
cassettes are loaded onto tissue processors at the appropriate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Accessions surgical pathology specimens into the pathology LIS
following standard procedures.
- Assists with frozen section specimens by preparing specimen,
correctly cutting specimen using cryostat and staining
- Assists with autopsies by preparing instruments and equipment,
preparing decedents for autopsy as well as assists in the
performance of autopsies including organ weighing, specimen
collection, preservation, and storage.
- Loads tissue cassettes onto processors at the appropriate
- Inventories supplies and ensures there are adequate supplies at
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs on equipment as need or
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Pathology Tech, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!