Clinical Dietitian 2/Dialysis with a $2500 sign on bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 7, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Clinical Dietitian 2 provides nutrition therapy
and education to patients, families and the community. Performs
nutritional assessments of patients and develops care plans.
Develops and conducts educational programs and in service training
programs. Participates in multi disciplinary patient rounds and
patient case conferences.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Conducts patient nutrition assessments on a combination of low
and higher acuity patients within scope of practice, which may
include both inpatient and outpatient. Utilizes assessment
techniques which take into consideration the various needs of age
specific populations as well as cultural, religious and ethnic
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation that summarizes
the nutrition care plan in the patient's medical record, including
nutrition assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, and progress
toward goals in the course of performing primary duties.
- Assesses educational needs and the presence of barriers to
learning. Provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups,
taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods
necessary to meet patient learning needs. Provides education to
both low and higher acuity patients within practice scope.
Facilitates education to ensure compliance with food safety,
sanitation and overall workplace safety standards within the Food
and Nutrition Department, if applicable.
- Evaluates achievement of learning objectives by the patient and
family. Provides appropriate follow-up in accordance with the
patient's treatment goals, and refers patient for outpatient
counseling, community, or home health services, as appropriate.
Conducts ongoing evaluations to lead to a correct nutritional
diagnosis of the patient's problems and progress while maintaining
safety and professional standards.
- Interacts with medical staff as well as food and nutrition
staff to ensure conformance with medical nutrition therapy.
Interacts effectively with multidisciplinary teams to provide
patient care that is integrated and compatible with the patient
focused medical and nutritional goals.
- Leads team conferences and provide food and nutrition related
in services to other medical staff as required.
- Assists in developing nutritional care and research protocols.
Participates in quality assurance program by assisting in
development of patient care criteria and analyzing actual care
- Participates in organizing and executing health fairs and other
related community events.
- Assists in the development, research and revision of facility
policies.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Accountable for the proper use of patient protected health
- Ability to deal with complex situations and resolve patient and
customer service concerns.
- Ability to give clear, concise and complete education and
- Works well in a patient-centered environment as an integral
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different
audiences. Empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic,
articulate, gracious and tactful. Ability to calm upset patient in
a composed and professional demeanor.
- Licensed Registered Dietitian preferred.BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
-Bachelor'sEXPERIENCE: -2 Years of
ExperienceCERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Registered Dietitians
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Clinical Dietitian 2/Dialysis with a $2500 sign on bonus, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!