Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
BSW Memorial Hospital Radiology Assistant
The Radiology Assistant performs patient care needs and support
functions associated with assisting the technologist and nurse in
the performance of radiology exams and delegated medical procedures
under the direct supervision of the physician. Includes processing
of x-ray studies for interpretation by clinicians. Additional
duties include the inventory and storage of supplies and cleaning
of imaging rooms in preparation for the next patient.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares patient for exam or procedure and assist technologist,
nurse or physician Maintains patient and staff confidentiality at
all times. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties;
providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Verifies the patient's identification using two forms of ID as
outlined in hospital policies using AIDET.
- Operates and maintains equipment safely and in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and serviceable work environment to enhance
- Maintains an adequate inventory of equipment and supplies for
assigned area and places general and special supply orders from
purchasing in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly cleans the room to make ready for the next patient
and recommending terminal clean to address patient infection
- Wears personal monitoring device on collar and outside of apron
consistently and submits it promptly and regularly for assessment
of occupational dosage.
- Reports any loss, damage, or unusual events associated with
personal monitoring device immediately to the Radiation Safety
- Diligently observes patient, recognizes changes in condition
and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order,
priority, date, ordering comments, physician's notes, uses time-out
process for invasive procedures and precautions and patient consent
forms. Ensures that records are properly completed with patient
identification data and appropriate labeling.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS in 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Radiology Asst, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!