Supv Clinical Dietitian
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Clinical Dietician Supervisor is responsible for
supervising and coordinating activities of the clinical dietitian
staff in a manner that promotes an efficient operation and provides
appropriate development opportunities. Serves as the nutrition
liaison to maintain effective multidisciplinary relationships
within the healthcare team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Oversees the clinical nutrition staff's nutritional assessments
of patients and compliance to scope of practice. Supervises the
diet office operations, and assists in the maintenance of
computerized diet office system. Manages the development and
implementation plans for nutrition intervention amongst clinical
nutrition staff, in accordance with the Nutrition Care
- Monitors clinical staff to ensure adequate and scope-specific
education is provided. Ensures staff utilizes assessment techniques
which take into consideration the various needs of age-specific
populations as well as cultural, religious and ethnic concerns.
Leads the development and clinical nutrition team adherence to
current facility policies. Assesses educational needs and the
presence of barriers to learning. Facilitates education to ensure
compliance with food safety, sanitation and overall workplace
safety standards within the Food and Nutrition Department.
- Conducts patient nutrition assessments on low to highest acuity
patients within scope of practice, which may include both
inpatients and outpatients. Provides nutrition counseling for
individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations
to reaching methods necessary to meet patient learning. Evaluates
achievement of learning objectives by the patient and\or family.
Conducts follow ups in accordance with the patient's treatment
goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community or
home health services.
- Leads and supervises interactions amongst clinical nutrition
team, medical staff and food and nutrition staff to ensure
conformance with medical nutrition therapy. Establishes and leads
effective multidisciplinary teams. May participate in and lead team
conferences, providing food and nutrition related in services to
other medical staff and\or patient meal service employees.
- Assists in scheduling and mentoring dietetic interns. Develops
and leads the training process for new hire clinical dietitians,
diet technicians and diet office personnel.
- Supervises performance improvement projects within the
department and facility. Continuously seeks and encourages ways to
improve service, quality, increase utilization and decrease
costs.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to deal with complex situations and resolve patient
and\or customer or employee service concerns.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish productive working
relationships with multidisciplinary team and support
- Ability to give clear, concise, and complete education and\or
instructions to patients and staff. Ability to counsel and motivate
others, as individuals and as a group.
- Ability to work well in a patient-centered environment as an
integral team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal
form to patients, pubic, medical staff and physicians.
- Ability to organize tasks and function independently.
- Accountable for the proper use of patient protected health
- Basic computer skills.BENEFITS -
- Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS -
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- -EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - - -Registered Dietitians (RD) -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Supv Clinical Dietitian, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!