Pharmacist 1 PRN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Pharmacist Clinical 1 PRN provides pharmaceutical care to
patients in a clinical setting. Compounds and dispenses medications
and other pharmaceuticals in accordance with federal, state and
local regulations and organizational policy. Serves as a resource
to other healthcare professionals including pharmacists, pharmacy
students and residents. Consults with Nursing, Medical Staff and
patients regarding medications, orders, drug and pharmaceutical
details, patient reactions, errors and complaints and/or the
patients' caregivers. May have responsibility for the assessment,
treatment and/or care of neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults
and geriatrics. Supervises and monitors the non-professional duties
of technicians including the organization of daily.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Ensures that patient pharmaceutical care meets standards of
safety, effectiveness, patient rights and customer service.
- Compounds or admixes ingredients appropriately, including IV
admixtures, small and large volume solutions, syringes and
irrigation solutions in accordance with established policies and
- Consults and educates patients and/or patient caregivers
concerning possible medications, including alternative sources of
- Reviews medications for accuracy, appropriateness and
interactions., and adjusts medications per approved protocols.
- Dispenses medications and compounds in accordance with
organizational policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Assesses prescribers medication orders with respect to the
overall patient therapy to evaluate: known allergies; rational
therapy/contraindications; reasonable dose and route of
administration; reasonable directions for use; duplication of
therapy; drug to drug interactions; drug/food interactions; drug
disease interactions; adverse drug reactions; proper utilization,
including over-utilization or under-utilization, and use clinical
laboratory or clinical monitoring methods to monitor and evaluate
drug effectiveness, side effects, toxicity, or adverse effects, and
appropriateness to continue use of the drug in its current
- Supervises and monitors the non-professional duties of Pharmacy
Technicians including the organization of daily duties in
dispensing, IVs or patients care function.
- Monitors and reviews the work of Pharmacy Technicians to ensure
compliance with all professional standards and departmental
policies and procedures, and to ensure pharmacy stock levels are
adequate with patient needs.
- Assists in inventory, purchasing and quality control of drugs
and products and ensures proper charging/crediting of pharmacy
- Consistently maintains inventory and records on narcotics and
other drugs as required by law.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities,
pharmaceutical calculations, therapies, terminology, drug use and
aseptic techniques, standards, medications and equipment.
- Ability to research, analyze and disseminate information.
- Ability to understand, optimize and document complex
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and regulatory
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the
- MAJOR - Pharmacy
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION Pharmacist (RPH)
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Pharmacist 1 PRN, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!