Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Manager of Pharmacy oversees the functions,
services and staff within a Pharmacy Department in accordance with
system-wide goals. Works in conjunction with the Director of
Pharmacy to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients,
utilizing the principles of evidence-based medicine and medication
safety to assure positive therapeutic outcomes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OF THE ROLE
- Leads the development, education, implementation and monitoring
of all operational initiatives to provide optimal pharmaceutical
- Ensures that patient care meets standards of safety,
effectiveness, patient rights and customer service.
- Oversees and sets priorities for the daily operations of the
department to assure the provision of quality pharmaceutical
- Maintains or oversees staff schedule and ensures adequate shift
coverage in all areas of the assigned areas of the department.
- Oversees staff development and actively participates in the
educational activities of the department. Mentors staff in
leadership, management, communication and pharmaceutical care
- Assists the Director with the development and execution of
departmental policies and procedures, ensuring perpetual readiness
and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws,
and accreditation standards. In conjunction with selection,
orientation, training, assignment and staffing, evaluation,
performance expectations and evaluation, discipline and discharging
employees in compliance with applicable employment
- Verifies that all required pharmacy, pharmacist and technician
licenses/registrations are current and valid as required by State,
Federal and enterprise guidelines.
- Assists the Director with preparation, approval and ongoing
monitoring of the departmental budget which reflect the personnel,
equipment, supplies, and drug expenditures necessary to provide
pharmaceutical care activities.
- Actively participates in committees/task forces as needed.
Serves effectively as facilitator or leader when necessary.
- May serve as Pharmacist in Charge in accordance with Texas
State Board of Pharmacy rules.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Advanced understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities,
terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and
aseptic techniques, standards, and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and regulatory
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical operations.
- Ability to make operational decisions around how work gets done
- quality and productivity standards, measurable goals for
employees and project teams, etc.
- Ability to use broader objectives to determine how best to use
resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Ability to make or approve effective hiring and termination
- Ability to evaluate and recommend changes to policies, and
establish procedures that affect the managed organization.
- Basic business knowledge, including but not limited to: annual
planning and goal setting, adherence to budgets, employee
compensation, compliance and risk management.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.BENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the
- MAJOR - Pharmacy
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience-
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Mgr Pharmacy, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!