Physical Therapist (PT)
Company: Care Options For Kids
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Position Summary:The position of a Physical Therapist provides
coordinated physical therapy topatients of all age groups. Plans,
implements, and evaluates patient care to restore or maintain
patientwellbeing. Plans, organizes, and conducts a physical therapy
treatment program based on the medicalreferral and their
evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team. **Bilingual
Preffered but not Required**About Us:Care Options for Kids is a
pediatric home health agency. We provide speech therapy,
occupational therapy, and physical therapy services to childrenfrom
birth to agetwenty-one in the child's home, private school, or
daycare setting. Working with the patient, the family, and the
physician, we design each child's plan of care to meet the
individual needs of the child. We are committed to providing
outstandingcare for the children and families we
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Electronic EMREssential Job Functions include but are not
- Perform clinical pediatric assessment; identify patient needs
and appropriateness of patient.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient careactivities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care forpatients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and otherclinical record documentation on an
ongoing basis. Revise the POC based on evaluation,ongoing
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular,
neurological, and orthopedicdisorders based on medical referral and
- Assist/instruct patient/family in transfer techniques
appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on useof equipment such
as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc. in safe manner. Utilize
appropriatetherapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payers, througheducation, coaching and other assistance
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.Experience/Requirements:
- Current valid Texas state license to practice physical
- Two years' experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care
or rehabilitation setting.
- Pediatric focus and experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
- Excellent communication verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and current
auto liability insurance.EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Masters, or PhD in Physical Therapy from an
Accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Valid Texas state license to practice physical
therapy.Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs.Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather.Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
EMR systemIf you are interested in learning more about joining the
Care Options family, our culture, or immediate and future
opportunities, please visit us atwww.careoptionsforkids.comThank
you in advance for considering Care Options for Kids!
Keywords: Care Options For Kids, Killeen , Physical Therapist (PT), Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!