Occupational Therapist (OT)
Company: Care Options For Kids
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Position Summary:The position of Occupational Therapist provides
coordinated occupationaltherapy of patients of all age groups.
Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care to restore or
maintainpatient well-being. Evaluates occupational roles and
occupational performance of patients with physical,psychosocial
and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and
elicits responses.Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
**Bilingual Preferred but not required**About Us:Care Options for
Kids is a pediatric home health agency. We provide speech therapy,
occupational therapy, and physical therapy services to childrenfrom
birth to agetwenty-one in the child's home, private school, or
daycare setting. Working with the patient, the family, and the
physician, we design each child's plan of care to meet the
individual needs of the child. We are committed to providing
outstandingcare for the children and families we
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Electronic EMREssential Job Functions include but are not
- Perform clinical assessment; identify patient needs and
appropriateness of patient.
- Assess and facilitate through direct therapeutic intervention
patient's ROM, strength coordination,need for use of adaptive
equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility
andsafety issues as related to patients ADL performance needs.
Fabricate and maintain adaptiveequipment and hand splints.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient careactivities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care forpatients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and otherclinical record documentation on an
- Evaluate patient occupational performance in the areas of
self-care, work, leisure, and rest.
- Assess sensory-motor neuromuscular, psycho-social, and
cognitive-perceptual components ofoccupational behavior.
- Assess physical, social, and cultural components of the
patient's occupational environment.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, througheducation, coaching and other assistance
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.Experience/Requirements:
- Pediatric focus or experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of best therapeutic practices as set forth in the
Therapy Practice Act and otherregulatory agencies.
- Excellent communication verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current
auto liability insurance.EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors, master's, or PhD in Occupational Therapy from an
accredited occupational therapy program
- Current valid Texas state license to practice occupational
therapy.Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone, and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs.Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather.Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
EMR systemIf you are interested in learning more about joining the
Care Options family, our culture, or immediate and future
opportunities, please visit us atwww.careoptionsforkids.comThank
you in advance for considering Care Options for Kids!
Keywords: Care Options For Kids, Killeen , Occupational Therapist (OT), Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!