Licensed Vocational Nurse
Posted on: December 27, 2018
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.POSITION SUMMARY:The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. The Licensed Vocational Nurse assists with temporary staffing needs, performs routine nursing services and CNA services under the direction of the Registered Nurse Case Manager.? It is his/her responsibility to report observations and to complete all required documentation in a timely manner. The Licensed Practical Nurse does not function as a Registered Nurse Case Manager. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.??
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Provides assistance with emergency and temporary staffing needs.
- Provides vacation and/or sick relief for case managers.
- Flexes schedule to assist case managers in emergency situations and periods of high census.
- Performs continuous care shifts, when requested.
- Accepts call responsibility, when requested.
- Provides routine nursing services under RN supervision
- Visits patients/families, as assigned.
- Performs assessment and identifies patient/family needs.
- Reports findings to Director of Clinical Services.
- Contacts physician, as directed by Director of Clinical Services.
- Administers medications, treatments, etc. as directed.
- Attends IDT meeting, if requested by Director of Clinical Services.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and communication.??
- Informs Director of Clinical Services or Call Team of patient?s needs and condition changes.
- Contacts physician, as directed.
- Completes IDT Narratives, assessments, time logs, and all required documentation.
- Submits all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Makes all appropriate entries in the patient Plan of Care.
- Educates patient/family regarding:??
- Care of patient.
- Disease process.
- Symptom control.
- Wound care.
- The dying process.
- Other duties as assigned.??KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS?? To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or ExperienceHigh school diploma or general education degree. Current Vocational nursing license for the state of employment and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.? Experience in skilled nursing, preferably in hospice, home health care, oncology or emergency care preferred.Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Language SkillsAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.? Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.? Ability to speak effectively one-on-one with physicians, patients and family members or colleagues.Reasoning AbilityAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.? Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Computer SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Microsoft Office software.Other QualificationsUnderstanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy. Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all patient records. Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel.Certifications, Licenses and RegistrationsLicensed Vocational Nurse in the state of employment. ?Driver?s license and auto liability insurance.Other Skills and AbilitiesAbility to work with patients who are terminally ill and their family members. Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the colleague is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The colleague is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The colleague is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and /or move 50 pounds or more, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases. Circumstances can be unpredictable in patient's or family's home. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Must drive frequently.LVNL.V.N.Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.http://www.jobs.net/jobs/compassus/join
Keywords: Compassus, Killeen , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!