Licensed Vocational Nurse
Posted on: January 29, 2019
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.Position SummaryThe Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse participates in directed care delivery including functional and focused nursing tasks as assigned by the RN and provides ADL and other support as directed.? As a LP/VN, your responsible to report observations and to complete all required documentation in a timely manner. The LP/VN does not function as a Case Manager but as part of a nursing team including a Registered Nurse. The RN routinely supervises the LP/VN.Principal Accountabilities
- Submits appropriate documentation and paperwork to facilities at the completion of patient visits.
- Submits all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Completes documentation at the bedside.
- Adheres to standards of nursing practice and maintains knowledge of current clinical practice for terminally ill patients.
- Participates in quality performance improvement projects and clinical record reviews as directed.
- Communicates effectively with RNCM, DCS and physicians (as applicable).
- Provides nursing services as directed by the RN.
- Administers medications, treatments, etc. as directed.
- Gathers clinical data and provides to RN via documentation and communication in order to support comprehensive assessment and plan of care management.
- Attends IDT meetings when able.
- Provides education and reinforcement of teaching related to:
- The dying process
- Wound care
- Medications, including expected effect, side effects, and when to call hospice
- Symptom management
- Disease process
- Care of the patient
- Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge and SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or ExperienceHigh school diploma or general education degree. Current nursing license for the specified state and minimum two years full time experience as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse; or equivalent combination of education and experience.? Experience in skilled nursing, preferably in hospice, home health care, oncology or emergency care.Performance within scope of practice per state nurse practice act is required.Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.? Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.Language SkillsAbility to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong written and verbal communications. Ability to speak effectively one on one with physicians, patients and family members or colleagues.Reasoning AbilityAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.Computer SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is preferred.Other QualificationsUnderstanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy. Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all patient records. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends. Must be able to travel.Certifications, Licenses and RegistrationsA valid driver?s license and auto liability insurance. Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment.Other Skills and AbilitiesAbility to work with patients who are terminally ill and their family members. Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical caregivers.? Circumstances can be unpredictable in patient?s or family?s home. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.http://www.jobs.net/jobs/compassus/join
Keywords: Compassus, Killeen , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!