Registered Nurse (RN) M&B / L&D PRN
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: March 3, 2019
DescriptionOur Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization. GENERAL SUMMARY: The OB Float RN performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served. The Registered Nurse performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, completing the nursing process and the patients plans of care, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families and supervising assigned team members. The Registered Nurse is under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the assigned charge nurses. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: -- Provides care that is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. -- Delivers patient centered nursing care using The Whole Care Experience principles to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. -- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to the patients and their families. -- Provides quality care by adhering to Standards of Practice, measuring health outcomes against patient centered goals. -- Utilizes multidisciplinary team strategies to achieve quality outcomes. -- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with policies and procedures, calling for assistance from healthcare support personnel when needed. -- Protects patients and team members by adhering to infection control policies and protocols. -- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting actions, irregularities and patients continuing needs. -- Administers and stores medications safely according to policy and procedures. -- Maintains patients confidence and protects their health information. -- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by effectively communicating information, responding to request, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods. -- Has knowledge of and understands current TJC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department. -- Advocates for the patients and promotes healthy teamwork with the multidisciplinary team.QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: -- Associate degree in Nursing. Bachelors preferred -- Two years Med/Surg and two years specialized OB experience. -- Registered Nurse License to practice in the state of Texas or a Compact Registered Nurse License from a NCLA Compact State. -- BLS, and ACLS Certification by the American Heart Association. -- NRP -- Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring Float Requirements for RN Float OB:
- 2 years plus of M/S and 2 years OB
- Commitment of 8 shifts/4-week period. Max of 59 hours per pay period.
- 4 weekend shifts required
- 2 major and 2 minor holidays per year
- $40 hour plus differentials KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Frequent independent judgment.
- Must be able to handle clinical situations requiring use of sound professional judgment and critical-thinking skills. This includes clinical assessment, data, and patient response.
- The employee is responsible for providing quality patient care
- Must be able to continuously prioritize multiple duties.
- Must be able to function in a calm and professional manner during stressful situations.
- Assessment, reassessment and critical-thinking skills must be utilized in dealing with changes in patient outcomes. Basic computer skills are required
- General knowledge of professional nursing principles and technique
- General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications.
- Skill to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the facility
- Skill to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Will float to appropriate departments within scope, skill/ability and credentials. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , Registered Nurse (RN) M&B / L&D PRN, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!