RN Surgery FT Days
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: March 3, 2019
Full Time / Days
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patients unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Womens Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.Qualifications
What you will responsible for:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures.
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care.
- Implement the plan of care by
- protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources;
- performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items;
- performing interventions necessary to ensure that the patients procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level;
- managing the patients specimens according to organizational policy and procedures;
- communicating the patients current status to relevant parties throughout the continuum of care;
- administering medications safely and correctly;
- performing interventions to maintain the patients wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels;
- performing interventions to maintain the status of the patients genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels;
- performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative period;
- performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection;
- assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person;
- providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medication management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure;
- involving the patient or designated support person actively in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process;
- protecting the patients rights, dignity, and privacy;
- providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice; and
- providing consistent and comparable care regardless of the setting.
- Evaluate the patients progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as applicable.
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines as applicable.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
What you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the AHA.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , RN Surgery FT Days, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!