RN Obstetrics PRN Days
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: March 11, 2019
DescriptionRN Obstetrics Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028 Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including Great Place to Work by Beckers Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including Daisy Award recipients while on the way to Magnet status2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living. Work Hours/Shift: PRN / Days You Will Be Responsible For: -- Acts as a liaison to post-hospital care providers and community health resources. -- Recognizes and identifies life threatening situations, responding with immediate action according to protocol/policy with no unjustified documented variances. -- Administers and titrates inotropic/vasoactive infusions accurately per policy/procedure and standards. -- Demonstrates knowledge of and administers accurately thrombolytic therapy as per hospital policy and procedure. -- Observes, documents and reports patient's response to medications as evidenced in patient's chart with no more than four (4) omissions per quarter. -- Implements standing orders for Code Blue and life threatening dysrhythmia completely, competently, including management of airway, assisting intubation, performing counter shock, administering emergency medications, and directing code activities in the absence of a physician or in conjunction with a physician as evidenced by feedback from physicians, peers and direct observation with no documented concerns. -- Competently cares for a patient requiring hemodynamic monitoring including assisting with catheter insertion as per policy/procedure and accurately interpreting monitor strips and documentation, with less than one-two documented incidents per year as observed by Charge Nurse and/or Director. -- Competently care for a patient requiring mechanical ventilation as evidenced by functioning every one to two hours, maintaining patient airway, preventing accidental extubation, providing and documenting trach care every shift with no documented concerns. -- Operates cardiac monitoring equipment competently and initiates and maintains continuous cardiac monitoring per unit policy 100% of the time. -- Competently cares for a patient requiring temporary pacing, including assisting with temporary pacemaker insertion, according to policies and procedures as observed by Charge Nurse, Director, and/or feedback from peers with no documented concerns. -- Documents drug allergies 100% of the time upon patient admission. -- Monitors lab data and diagnostic tests received on assigned patients. -- Maintains control of narcotics by correctly signing out and counting of medications with no more than one (1) variance per year as identified by observations and/or documented concerns. -- Understands the Computerized Physician Order entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information. -- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results. -- Performs all other duties as assigned.QualificationsWhat You Will Need: -- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state. -- Achieves and maintains appropriate certification for assigned unit within first six months of employment. Job Summary: The Staff RN coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and provides input and information to the interdisciplinary team via the Charge Nurse to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. The Staff RN will adhere to and follow the goals, philosophy, policies, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Huguley. Knowledge and Skills Required: Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to the nursing profession. Education and Experience Preferred: -- Skill in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care as acquired through clinical nursing experience in an acute care/long term care facility in past three (3) years preferred. -- At least six months of Obstetrics experience preferred. Licensure, Certification or Registration Preferred: Certification in specialty preferred.This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , RN Obstetrics PRN Days, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!