Ambulatory Surgery Center Registered Nurse Full Time Days
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Ambulatory Surgery Center Registered Nurse - A dventHealth Central
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying
with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days
a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both
professionally and personally working with great individuals, part
of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture
where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50
elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and
Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assess patient's postoperative status at intervals according to
facility or health care organization policies and procedures to
include the patient's cardiovascular system, respiratory system and
airway management needs, neurological system, hemodynamic
stability, pain and comfort needs, and mental status.
- Interpret information accurately from various noninvasive and
- Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered
- Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia
techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
- Apply the relevant scoring system/discharge criteria for
patient transfer (eg, Aldrete Score, Modified Aldrete Score [ie,
PARSAP], Post Anesthesia Discharge Scoring System [PADSS], White)
score accurately as defined by organizational policy.
- Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care completely, accurately, and legibly.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use critical thinking, problem-solving and conflict resolution
skills to foster effective work relationships with team
- Pursue professional growth and participate in a professional
- Any additional duties assigned that are in support of
perioperative patient care.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state of Texas registered nurse licensure asic Life
Support (BLS) certification from the AHA.
- Two years postanesthesia or equivalent critical care experience
preferred achelor's degree in nursing preferred
- Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, depending
on patient population preferred.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality
patient-family centered care in the postanesthesia care unit and
other areas of perioperative services for all patient
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
ordinances. Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, coronary,
intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, registered nurse, surgical,
Keywords: AdventHealth, Killeen , Ambulatory Surgery Center Registered Nurse Full Time Days, Healthcare , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!