Retail Pharmacy Tech 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Pharmacy Technician 2 assists in the technical aspects of the
distribution of medications and related functions, with the ability
to perform tasks independently and to maintain a specialized area
of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of pharmaceutical
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Maintains a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in
the delivery of care in areas such as Purchasing, Receiving,
Auditing, Sterile and nonsterile compounding, Billing, Informatics,
Medication Reconciliation, Licensing, Contracting, and
- Enters medication orders from doctors' order
sheets/prescriptions and fills according to label, ensuring that
the correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and
charge quantity are in accordance with formulary; enters correct
billing data as required. Completes and files appropriate paperwork
to ensure payment for and delivery of pharmacy supplies. Monitors
- Orders supplies daily and coordinates returns for credit when
pharmaceuticals have expired.
- Coordinates the Drug Recall Process.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and fully stocked work
environment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Performs inventory control: Stocking, cleaning and facing
prescription and OTC shelves.
- Compounds or admixes ingredients appropriately for dispensing,
cart fill and sterile preparation while under the supervision of
- Perform IV admixtures using aseptic techniques and in
compliance with accepted regulatory standards as required.
- Helps patients and medical staff with nonjudgmental questions
under the direct supervision of a pharmacist preceptor. Answers
simple questions from medical staff and patients.
- Delivers medication appropriately to patients, and delivers
delivery carts to floors daily.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology,
pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and aseptic
techniques, standards, and equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and
dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Pharmacy Technician (PHT), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Must have
one of the following from the TX Board of Pharmacy:
- Registered Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT)
- Pharmacy Technician (PHT).
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Retail Pharmacy Tech 2, Hospitality & Tourism , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!