Company: Golden Chick
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: January 14, 2023
Job Title: Shift Leader
Department: Restaurant Operations
Reports To: Assistant Managers and General Managers
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This Golden Chick location is expanding and looking for a Shift
Leader to join our team. We have values, vision, and a brand
purpose for the future. If you would like to grow with us, then
apply to be a part of our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the management team in all aspects of shift management
and ensures all guests have an outstanding experience
- Supervises assigned stations for an entire shift
- Directs, supports, coaches, and provides professional
leadership to team members
- Becomes certified in all stations including shift management,
food handling, cash handling, customer recovery and catering
- Assists with training and developing crew members in their
duties and assignments
- Shift leaders will also prepare food, operate POS, and stock
supplies as required
- Monitors safety and security protocols are being followed
- Ensures all workstations are clean
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely, friendly, and
- Open or close the restaurant in the absence of a manager
following established procedures as well as safety policies
- Completes checklists for opening, mid-shift, closing, and food
- Communicates with customers, team members and managers in a
positive and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to work variable schedules. Evenings, weekends,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervises shifts as assigned and manages restaurant under the
direction of the assistant or general manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education, GED or high school degree
Ability to comprehend simple instructions.
No skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain State Food Handler certification within 60 days of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat from cooking equipment. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate. Employees will be
expected to purchase non-slip shoes due to wet, slippery floors and
can purchase through the company at a discount.
Golden Chick is one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the
U.S. and was recognized as one of the very top brands in the
country by Nation's Restaurant News. Big things are planned for the
little brand that started in San Marcos back in 1967. Come join our
team and reach your maximum career potential.
Keywords: Golden Chick, Killeen , Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!