Executive Director of Information Technology
Company: City of Killeen
Posted on: January 9, 2019
To plan, develop, and direct an Information Technology Enterprise for the City of Killeen and to maintain a close working relationship with all City of Killeen departments.
Employee has supervisory responsibilities of the Information Technology Managers and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Directs Information Technology Divisions in day to day and priority tasks and projects.
Directs purchasing technology related systems necessary for operation of the City of Killeen.
Advises Department Directors on current and future information technology requests and requirements.
Produces Bid Specifications and Request for Proposal for purchase of Information Technology related equipment and systems.
Maintains close working relationship with all City of Killeen departments, City officials, and various contractors/vendors.
Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license and comply with City of Killeen driving policy.
Develops and administers the city-wide central administration technology budget.
Researches, develops, and presents reports regarding the city technology program and/or other subjects relevant to the technology program as directed.
Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City's Personnel Rules and Regulations; possesses and maintains a valid driver's license, if required, and comply with City of Killeen driving policy accordingly.
Serves on various employee committees, as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Five (5) years of experience in a Technology Industry leadership experience required
- Three (3) years of IT experience with city government preferred
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems.
- Working knowledge of operating computer communications equipment;
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN
- General Knowledge of Superion ERP system or ECM solution planning across large organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to establish successful working relationships;
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license by date of hire, and comply with the City of Killeen driving policy.
- Completes National Incident Management System (NIMS) training within the first year of employment.
- Employee must successfully pass a polygraph examination administered by the City of Killeen Police Department.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computers, printers, Municipal mainframe and personal computer based software, IBM AS/400, and IBM RISC 6000, hand tools, tape drive, typewriter, phone, fax and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee occasionally comes in contact with electrical hazards.
The employee is exposed to eye strain from display terminals and back and neck strain from constant keyboard work.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with the exception of background noise from computers and fans.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference check, job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: City of Killeen, Killeen , Executive Director of Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!