Unit Clerk - Women's Unit - Nights
Posted on: March 17, 2020
DescriptionUnit Clerk- AdventHealth Central TexasLocation
Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549Top Reasons to
Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TXOur team members are
nationally recognized for delivering the highest level of care. We
offer the latest advances in medicine and provide uncommon
compassion as part of our faith-based approach to wellness. Our
employees make a difference on a higher level by Extending the
Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central Texas &
AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive salary
while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for
patients bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate
about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and
AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell,
Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook
are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the
services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the
continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will
enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities
for growth while working in an environment that is centered around
our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.Work
Hours/Shift:Full time Nights (7p-7a)You Will Be Responsible For:
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the
- Maintains unit operations by following policies and procedures;
reporting needed changes to Supervisor(s).
- Confers with supervisor(s) regarding scheduling of the surgical
- Answers phone professionally, and communicates messages to the
appropriate clinical person.
- Prepares and keeps current volume data and submits
- Maintains unit supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse department
developments such as code red, blue, amber, silver, gray and
- Assists patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel with
directions, questions and any help needed
- Adhere to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and
accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health
information.QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Graduate from High School.
- Ability to function at a high level in a physically demanding,
- Demonstrated ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good
oral communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling of hours. May be required to work
overtime, weekends and holidaysJob Summary:Maintains safe and clean
working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and
regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Has knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the
clinical aspect of the department. Upholds professional standards
of performance and conduct. Promotes teamwork with physicians and
all health care providers. Assists in departmental, hospital and
community in-services/education when assigned. Activity
participates in assigned meetings. Assists the staff and functions
of the unit, when required. Assists with orientation of new staff
as needed. Any additional duties assigned in support of
perioperative patient care.This facility is an equal opportunity
employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.We are an
equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based
on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital
status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment,
selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms
and conditions of employment.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Killeen , Unit Clerk - Women's Unit - Nights, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!