Company: Coryell County
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to
provide administrative and clerical support to the Road and Bridge
Administrator. Employees in this class prepare correspondence,
records and other documents; provide clerical and secretarial
assistance, receive incoming mail, assist callers and visitors,
coordinate contact between public inquires or complaints and
administration, and maintain files and records. Performs related
work as required.
Essential Responsibilities and
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended
to be representative of the tasks performed within this
classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment of this position.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support for Road
and Bridge Administrator which involves answering correspondence;
maintaining supplies; implementing filing systems and processing
- Prepares operational and equipment reports; Reconciles daily
usage of material from pits, maintains log for equipment
maintenance and oil changes, reconcile weekly fuel usage, monitors
crushed rock pit reports for payment to landowner, prepares renewal
report for inspection sticker and license plate renewals for County
equipment, prepares TCEQ Tier II Annual Chemical Reporting.
- Serves as administrator for salvage and surplus equipment for
the County; Photographs and list salvage and surplus equipment on
Gov Deals website for sale; Notifies County Judge to add as an
agenda item for Commissioners Court.
- Manages FEMA data for Grant submission.
- Maintains budget expenditures; Track cost analysis for Road &
Bridge line items.
- Provides assistance to the general public; Answer and screen
all incoming calls; Coordinates public inquiries and complaints
with administration; Receives and processes work orders.
- Coordinates Texas 811 Locate for underground utilities;
Processes and notarize utility easements.
- Manages time for over 30 employees (TimeClock Plus) and
reconcile every two weeks; Reconcile employee leave every third pay
- Prepares bid packages; Notifies County Judge to add as an
agenda item for Commissioner's Court; Runs ad in newspaper.
- Establishes new vendors; Processes credit applications.
- Reconciles vendor invoices with purchase orders; Code for
- Coordinates Sheriff Office oil changes for County
- Oversees uniform service for Road and Bridge staff.
- Maintains TXDOT certified road list.
- Initiates and maintains Clearinghouse queries for CDL Road and
- Responsible for traffic signs; Constructs County road signs and
maintains supply, orders TXDOT traffic signs.
- Maintains TCEQ Rock Crusher Permitting.
- Supervise community service defendants from Adult
- Maintains Road and Bridge database; Input work orders and daily
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Knowledge of FEMA and Government Grants a plus
- Administrative training and record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, punctual and dependable
- Excellent organizational skills to include ability to
- Time management skills and problem solving skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, equipment and techniques of
providing general office/clerical support, to include knowledge of
data entry and retrieval using automated information systems.
- Ability to work independently under general direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to deal
effectively with all levels of employees, elected officials and the
- Management skills, strong leadership skills, and problem
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions
- Strong administrative skills including organizing,
prioritizing, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of
- Ability to courteously greet and assist callers and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Business school or college courses preferred
- Five (5) years of general office and secretarial experience or
combination of education, experience and training which would
provide the knowledge and abilities needed.
Keywords: Coryell County, Killeen , Office Manager, Other , Gatesville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!