T2C2 Baseband/SATCOM Field Operations Support
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a T2C2
Baseband/SATCOM Field Operations Support who possesses at least a
DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Warfighter
Readiness requirements providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in
the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training
curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems. You will be part of a
team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable,
maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet
PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements. WIN-T INC
1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter
with voice, data, and video capabilities for use in a tactical
environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)
The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub
Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network
Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network
Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable
Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) Virtual
Server Stack (VSS) Battle Field Teleconference III (BVTC III). In
support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform
Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142
with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home
stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding
needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match
the fielding requirements and ensure operability. Determine
baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to
shipping to location. Develop guidance on program planning,
position management, contingency/emergency planning, position
management, work measurement, and productivity improvement. Assist
the project manager in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency
of major program operations throughout an agency.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Configure and install various network devices and services
(e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS, VMWare, Brocade
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including
service packs, patches, hot-fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve
- Work within established configuration and change management
policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made
to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with vendors such as PM WIN-T, General Dynamics, and
other IT personnel for problem resolutions, implementations,
design, and analysis.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of
operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain
TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new
system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and
maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant
instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on
complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of
systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to
maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or
other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
Additional years of directly related experience may be considered
in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Strong Baseband and SATCOM experience
- Extensive tactical communication troubleshooting
- Experience on Transportable Tactical Command Communication
(T2C2) and Scalable Class of Unified Terminals (SCOUT) systems
- Able to react to trouble tickets at a moments notice
- Experience creating technical documentation to include
technical manuals and Training guides
- Experience with Army Interim Progress Reviews
- Fundamental understanding of Cisco routing and switching. (min
- Fundamental understanding of virtualization using a Type 1
hypervisor. (HyperV and VMware ESXi)
- Call Manager Express (CME) experience is desired. (H.323 SCCP
- Experience with KG175D and KG250X Inline Network Encryptors.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server
- Experience with the Riverbed Steelhead
- Experience with Code Mettle
- Fundamental understanding of satellite communication
- Fundamental understanding of the NCW network.
- Familiarization of using a spectrum analyzer.
- Familiarization of iDirect modem.
- Familiarization of MPM-1000 modem.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 39,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Killeen , T2C2 Baseband/SATCOM Field Operations Support, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!