Regional Field Applications Engineer
Company: Astera Labs
Location: copperas cove
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Astera Labs Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company who is a
leader in developing purpose-built connectivity solutions that
remove performance bottlenecks in compute-intensive workloads such
as artificial intelligence and machine learning. To support our
rapid growth, we are hiring a Regional Field Applications Engineer
based near our customers and company headquarters in the Silicon
Valley and has experience supporting the development and designing
in of semiconductor products for high-speed communication protocols
like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
As an Astera Labs Regional Field Applications Engineer, you will
lead a team of FAEs as a player-coach to establish the team as
trusted technical advisors to the world''s leading cloud service
providers, server and network OEMs by working with them to design
solutions that use Astera Labs'' portfolio of connectivity
In this role, you will need to identify and understand customer
requirements, propose Astera Labs solutions that provide clear
value to the customer and provide hands-on design-in support. You
will drive innovation by listening to the customer requirements,
working with our engineering teams to implement into the product
roadmap and delivering the results back to the customer.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master''s degree
in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years'' experience working with
Cloud service providers and server OEM customers to design in
complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking
- Ability to lead technical team as player-coach, as well as hire
and develop new team members.
- Experience organizing team by establishing account coverage,
setting design win and other goals, able to support team to
replicate and solve product issues onsite with customer and work
with Asia FAE team and ODM server customers to support technical
issues and drive design wins.
- Customer-oriented, Goal-driven, Self-motivated, be able to work
independently and be able to travel frequently to customer
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think
and act with the customer in mind!
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe,
Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer
- Experience with lab equipment including protocol analyzers and
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and
understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs,
Networking switches/routers etc.
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or
other equivalent programming languages.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB
layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks
QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis
Keywords: Astera Labs, Killeen , Regional Field Applications Engineer, Other , copperas cove, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!