Director of Perioperative Services
Company: Ardent Health Services
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Director, Perioperative Services works under the direction
of the Chief Nursing Officer. The Director is responsible for the
following areas: Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit,
Ambulatory Surgery, Endoscopy, Pre-operative assessment, and
Anesthesia. The Director is responsible for the overall direction
of the Perioperative Services areas including planning, organizing,
the quality of work, staff productivity, financial management, and
maintaining good working relationships with physicians and
- Supports the professional practice model. Ensures compliance
with standards of practice. Supports and advances shared governance
structure. Collaborates effectively with organizational
- Supports organization objectives aimed at maintaining a culture
of safety with aggressive error reduction at the department
- Identifies technologies to enhance outcomes. Drives
departmental technology implementation and use.
- In all aspects of role/responsibilities, supports horizontal
integration of the practice of nursing in alignment with shared
governance model, nursing winning strategies, goals and
- Collaborates with all network stakeholders (horizontal and
vertical) to develop nursing and operating strategic plans aligning
with all overarching strategic plans. Develops collaborative
relationships with medical staff.
- Provides transformational leadership as evidenced by: inspiring
shared vision, enculturation of the concepts of Magnet, and safe
and healthy work environments, physically, emotionally, and
psychologically safe for nurses and others to practice.
- Provides leadership in applying the ANA Code of Ethics for
Nurses to guide practice.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develops/manages
recruitment and retention strategies for their departments.
Supports organizational strategies aimed at same.
- Owns and prepares capital and operating budgets,
monitors/adjusts approved budget to meet targets. Mentors managers
in budget compliance, driving fiscal accountability in
- Manages resources to support quality patient care, service and
patient safety. Supports measurement of nursing intensity/patient
acuity to allocate resources appropriately.
- Manages nursing personnel functions including hiring, coaching,
counseling, evaluating, mentoring, and goal-setting. Supports
privileging, credentialing, licensure or certification processes.
Promote succession planning within department(s).
- Drives accountability for compliance with external standards
and regulatory bodies, including but not limited to Texas Board of
Nursing, Magnet and Joint Commission.
- Accountable for clinical, financial and human resource measures
that drive quality, efficiency, safety, satisfaction, and process
improvement for assigned departments.
- Ensures the use of evidenced based practice & research to guide
clinical and managerial decision-making. Supports organizational
research and EBP initiatives at the unit, site and specialty
- Ensures the development of enterprise-aligned, department
specific programs to measure, analyze, and improve nursing care
- Supports the personal and professional development of staff at
the unit/department level to include formal education,
certification and career development; aligns support with nursing
- Supports programs that drive a culture of safety with
aggressive reduction of Associate injury.
- Provides service on committees, councils, and administrative
teams at the system and site levels, as well as professional
- Supports department-level faculty/student activities.
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional and
regulatory standards. Participates in peer review. Substantiates
performance evaluation decisions.
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years previous experience in the operating
room as circulating nurse and scrub required.
- Five (5) years of leadership/management experience in acute
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing - OR -
current home state license is required for multi-state license
recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- CNOR strongly preferred
- BLS required
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS within 6 months of hire
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Killeen , Director of Perioperative Services, Other , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!