Construction Project Manager Estimator
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Title: Project Estimator
Location: Ft. Hood, TX
Status: Full Time
This position is for a 4-year JOC contract at Fort
- The Project Estimator is a direct contributor to the
profitability of the project site by ensuring execution of complete
and accurate estimates and assisting the Senior Project Manager,
Project Manager, and Quality Control Manager in a variety of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform accurate plan/blueprint take-offs, field take-offs,
reading and understanding of specifications and building
- Work with project team in the evaluation of projects to meet
customer needs and cost requirements.
- Build estimates using e4Clicks and RS Means
- Ensure that job costs are correctly projected for project
- Responsible for overall scheduling of the estimating process to
include timelines and turnaround of proposals and Government
- Assists Quality Control Manager with logging, tracking,
reviewing, and preparing submittals, processing daily reports,
maintaining the Quality Control files and documentation and other
administrative duties as assigned.
- Assists Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager with
processing of contract documents, change orders, RFIs, and other
administrative duties as assigned.
- Interacts with subcontractors and Government representatives
via email, telephone, and in person
- Interfaces with team members to explain, challenge, and analyze
project schedules, costs, and status reports prepared by project
personnel; compile and prepare project analysis and communicates
the corrective actions for management and corporate staff.
- Reviews a variety of construction related information for the
purpose of ensuring completeness of records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year College or technical
school in Construction Management, Administrative, or Accounting
related field; and three to five years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Intermediate computer skills and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Office products required.
- Construction industry experience and the ability to read and
understand plans and specifications for all trades in renovations
and new construction is required. Experience dealing with
Government contracting regulation clauses and working with the U.S.
Army Corp of Engineers is also highly desired.
- Experience with e4Clicks and RS Means required. Previous Job
Order Contract experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
ability to write routine reports and correspondence required; and
the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization preferred.
- The individual is required drive in the course of their work; a
valid driver's license is required. The individual must meet all
background and security requirements necessary to access and/or
work on government installations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk,
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Employer is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action
Employer and as such does not discriminate in any
employment decision on the basis of race, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability or veterans status.
NASCO is an award-winning, best-value construction management
company that specializes in federal IDIQ, JOC, and SABER contracts,
as well as multi-million dollar vertical standalone projects and
renewable energy solutions.
NASCO was formed in 1998 and entered the 8a and HUBZone programs in
1999. We have enjoyed continuous growth since graduating the 8a
program in 2008.
We have operated construction projects in nearly 40 states. Our
revenue has primarily been from the performance of Firm Fixed Price
construction contracts for federal government clients. Our
performance consistently receives high marks, which is a result of
our commitment to excellence, our state-of-the art technology, and
our employees skills, knowledge and experience.
Keywords: NASCO, Killeen , Construction Project Manager Estimator, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!