RN - Emergency Department FT Days (12K Sign on Bonus)
Company: Ardent Health Services
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Seton Medical Center Harker Heights (SMCHH) is an 83-bed acute
care hospital opened in 2012 in Harker Heights, Texas offering an
array of services such as a Cardiology, Emergency Services and a
Level IV Trauma Designated Emergency Room, General Surgery,
Orthopedic Surgery, Total Joint Replacement, Gastroenterology, a
dedicated Women's Center, Diagnostic Services and more. We provide
exceptional care through collaboration with our associates,
physicians, volunteers and community partners. Our award-winning
staff provides patient care with dignity and respect. We are Joint
Commission Accredited, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and
Advanced Primary Stroke Center. SMCHH is a joint venture between
the Austin-based Seton Healthcare Family and Nashville-based
Ardent Health Services.
This position is responsible for planning and delivery of direct
and indirect patient care, developing nursing care plan in
coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as
necessary and communicating changes in patient's clinical condition
with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows
through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback
to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, "can do"
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve
processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new
skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others,
demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges
facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal
and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to
address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to
the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that
promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to
commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient
care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning,
Intervention, and Evaluation.
- Develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient,
family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- This nurse will communicate changes in patient's clinical
condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and
co-workers as appropriate.
- Participates in discharge planning process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Completes formal triage education within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrates mastery of competencies.
- Ability to effectively utilize time management skills in order
to quickly ascertain and identify the medical problem.
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
- Completion of required education to obtain Texas Licensure as a
Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an Emergency Room
hospital setting required
- Two contact hours related to forensic evidence collection for
any RN practicing in an emergency room setting (one-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing - OR -
current home state license is required for multi-state license
recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Required to complete the education necessary to obtain my BSN
degree within four (4) years of my date of hire with Seton Medical
Center Harker Heights
- BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association (AHA) required
- PALS (AHA) and/or ENPC required upon hire
- TNCC within 18 months of hire
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Killeen , RN - Emergency Department FT Days (12K Sign on Bonus), Other , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!