Certified Surgical Technologist OR Days
Company: Ardent Health Services
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: June 11, 2021
This position is responsible for assisting in patient care and
preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and
delegated duties according to standards and policies of the
surgical center. Perform scrub duties and related procedures.
Assist with circulating duties under direct supervision of the RN
circulator assigned to the patient. Assist with cleaning and
maintenance supplies and equipment as required. Function in the
advanced roles of preceptor, service specialist, and instrument
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows
through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback
to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, "can do"
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve
processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new
skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others,
demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges
facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal
and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to
address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to
the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that
promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to
commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences MAJOR
- Fulfills the essential functions of the Surgical Technologist
- Prepares for scheduled, emergent, urgent and add on operative
procedures by insuring necessary equipment, instruments and
supplies are available and ready for use.
- Has the skill to expedite and organize the preparation for
unexpected events, giving direction and support to the less
experienced team members in addition to performing one's own
- Scrubs independently on routine, non-complicated procedures in
- Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge and competence for
more complex procedures in at least three surgical specialty
- Handles surgical instruments, needles and sharps, sponges and
anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Acts as the preferred scrub person for complex cases within a
service specialty that utilizes highly technical equipment.
Knowledgeable of all specialty equipment, supplies, and
- Must be able to wear a flyte hood when required on surgical
- Serves as a resource person.
- Maintains an accurate count of sponges, needles, sharps,
instruments, drugs and fluids on the sterile field.
- Suggests and assures changes are made to the surgeon's
preference cards as approved to include supplies, equipment,
positioning devices and performs other related duties.
- Assists in the trial and evaluation of new products and
willingly promotes product standardization and cost reduction.
- Consistently demonstrates effective and professional
communication and leadership skills.
- Coordinates educational programs that may be presented
internally or externally.
Serves as a train the trainer for specialty equipment or
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent telephone and customer relations skills
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive
- Must be familiar with computerized technology associated with
- Physical dexterity especially with hands and fingers
- Training as an endoscopy technician hospital background
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Successful completion of a surgical technologist program OR
military and/or hospital conducted on-the-job training is
- Minimum of two (2) years surgical technologist experience.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Killeen , Certified Surgical Technologist OR Days, Other , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!