There are many things to consider when deciding on your next
employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you
want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as
the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than
just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values
and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with
Position: Portfolio Manager
Physical Location: 4103 E Central Texas Expressway, Killeen, TX
Reports To: Market/Community Bank President or Relationship
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous
Job Grade: E24
Job Group Category: Exempt
Work Hours: Hours may vary by location
The Portfolio Manager has a primary responsibility to
underwrite, structure, document and monitor a portfolio of
commercial loans, either assigned directly or under the supervision
of the Relationship Manager(s) and in partnership with credit,
appraisal and loan operations department, credit administration and
lending administration. They also act as an extension of the
relationship team and share the responsibility for developing team
solutions for credit, deposit and non-credit products/services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works with the Relationship Manager(s) to attract and expand
commercial banking relationships and will participate in joint
business development calls or make independent customer contact as
* Works with the Relationship Manager(s) on loan origination and
renewal functions which will include gathering financial
information and working with the Credit Department and Analyst to
prepare financial analysis, loan application and officer credit
memo. Will also work with the relationship team on doing annual
relationship reviews and financial analysis.
* Provides support to the Relationship Manager on loan
structure, loan covenants and loan pricing, while maintaining
compliance with the commercial loan policy and regulatory
* Participates in loan presentations for approval.
* Assists with drafting client presentations, proposals, term
sheets and commitment letters.
* Ensures loan documentation is complete and accurate, that it
complies with bank policy and regulations and that it complies with
the loan approval document.
* Working with the relationship team and as appropriate,
coordinating closings with outside legal counsel, title company and
* Coordinates the onboarding and maintenance of loan information
on the Loan Origination System and the Bank's imaging system.
* Monitors loan status (future maturities, past dues, exceptions
and ticklers), borrowing base compliance and loan agreement
compliance. As appropriate, may handle troubled loans or refer to
special assets departments.
* Evaluates exceptions and documentation required to clear;
collaborates with Relationship Manager(s) and loan operations to
satisfy and remove.
* Identifies opportunities for other credit, deposit and
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a financial institution.
Credit analysis and commercial banking, preferred. Education
experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or
financial industry related curriculum, preferred.
* Possesses knowledge of commercial loan processing and
documentation and have a basic knowledge of banking regulations and
* Has advanced knowledge of computer operations, mainframe
systems and Google and Microsoft Office software.
* Has the ability to read, analyze and interpret tax returns,
financial statements, general business periodicals, professional
journals and technical procedures.
* Ability to handle complex issues and problems under minimal
supervision, and refers only the most complex issues to
higher-level staff. Must possess analytical thinking skills and be
* Must be a self-starter, have the ability to meet deadlines and
to multi-task under pressure.
* Excellent communication and customer relationship skills, both
written and orally.
* Must have a desire to thrive in a fast-paced and team-focused
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal nondiscrimination laws.