Sr UI Developer
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: July 16, 2021
Sr UI Developer
CGI Federal is seeking an expert in UI front-end development to
join its Healthcare Practice. The candidate must have a keen
crafting interfaces for a positive and cohesive user experience.
The primary focus of the selected candidate would be on developing
user interface components, implementing and executing using
Angular/ React.js frameworks. Candidate will ensure that these
components and the overall application are robust and easy to
manage. Candidate will have a commitment to collaborative problem
solving, sophisticated design, and quality products. S508 compliant
UI implementation is highly desirable.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with stakeholders, users, CGI Human Factors Practice
(HFP), build team and other development partners to implement
state-of-the-art user experiences.
• Engage with architects/product team to comprehend functional
challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help to
create innovative UX solutions.
• Design and architect a modern highly responsive web-based user
interface for API based web application.
• Leverage the latest tools and techniques of web UI/UX Development
• Understand business requirements and translate them into
• Develop the latest user-facing features using Angular framework.
React.js is desirable but not required.
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future
• Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array
of web-capable devices and browsers.
• Mentor UI developers, which may include performing code
• Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices that improve
• Coordinate with back-end developers in the process of building
and consuming RESTful APIs.
• Coordinate with Confluent Kafka developers in the process of
consuming Confluent Kafka topic data.
• Empower UI teams in following best coding standards.
• As a front-end developer, be involved from conception to
completion with projects that are technologically sound and
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Angular (9 or above) and/or React.js.
• Skills in one or more frameworks/libraries like jQuery or
• Strong expertise with HTML5, CSS5, and writing cross-browser
• Experience with CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS.
• Experience in developing complex Angular applications,
directives, controllers, and services.
• Thorough understanding of React.js and popular React.js workflows
(such as Flux or Redux).
• Experience with testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, or
• Experience writing Section 508 compliant code is a plus.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
• Understanding of Java web application technology stack (core
Java, spring core, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST).
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, and
continuous integration using Maven and Jenkins.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
• Excellent conceptual and critical thinking capabilities.
• Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge
or play a supporting role.
• Clear written and verbal communications skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- User Interface Design
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Killeen , Sr UI Developer, Other , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!