Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Cedar Crest Hospital
Posted on: November 12, 2021
PURPOSE STATEMENT:Plan, direct and implement activity therapy
programs as a component of the patient---s treatment plan.ESSENTIAL
- Complete activity assessment through patient observation and
patient/family interview, obtaining information on the patient---s
needs, skills, interests and limitations for the development and
implementation of the treatment plan.
- Plan, organize, direct and implement the activities within the
treatment program to facility patient progress with treatment
- Plan and implement an activities program including but not
limited to therapeutic leisure skills and activities, leisure
education and leisure awareness.
- Facilitate and lead activity sessions to improve patient mental
and physical well-being.
- Instruct patients in activities and techniques, such are
sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques designed to meet
their specific needs.
- Develop treatment plans and implement activity interventions
that meet patient needs and interests and helps the patient achieve
his/her treatment goals.
- Engage patients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise,
games and community outings.
- Help patients learn social skills needed to become or remain
- Modify activities to suit the needs of specific groups.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always.-- When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints.-- Recognize that
patient safety is a top priority.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreational
Therapy or related field required.
- Master---s degree preferred.
- Three or more years--- experience in recreation in a healthcare
setting with knowledge of patient population served by the facility
- Previous experience in recreation in a healthcare setting is
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or currently
in the process of obtaining national certification; OR certified in
the area of specialty (Art, Dance, Music, etc.) OR clinical
professional licensure (LCPC, LPC, etc.) with certification in
expressive therapy area required.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).First aid
may be required based on state or facility requirements.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor---s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Cedar Crest Hospital, Killeen , Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) SIGN ON BONUS, Other , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!