Ultrasound Tech PRN Lampasas
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionUltrasound Technician - -AdventHealth Rollins Brook
Location Address: -608 N Key Ave Lampasas, Texas -76550 Top Reasons
to Work At AdventHealth -
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying
with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days
a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both
professionally and personally working with great individuals, part
of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture
where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50
elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and
Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational
activity Work Hours/Shift: PRN 8 hr shift on Wednesdays
consistently Extra shifts available when needed What You Will Need:
- Ability to perform various ultrasound procedures at a technical
level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Knowledge of communication styles and constant deployment of
proper engagement behaviors when encountering patients, staff and
- Education: Graduation from an accredited American Registry of
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, (ARDMS) program with ARDMS
certification in at least one body area. - - -
- Successful completion of American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographers, (ARDMS) boards with (abdomen, OB, RVT or at
least one specialty area) designator, and maintaining ARDMS
Certification and continuing education requirements.
- Experience: - 2 years' experience in hospital Ultrasound
- RVT certification Job Summary: Performs Ultrasound procedures
at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of
technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that
will require independent judgment, in adverse situations. Obtains
quality diagnostic Ultrasound scans and renders a sonographers
impression to the radiologists and other clinicians as appropriate,
will assume responsibility for related tasks as needed. Behavior
and communication skills must always be in keeping with the
organizations standards of behavior policy. QualificationsYou Will
Be Responsible For: Adheres to the hospital and department policies
and procedures as related to the radiology department clinical
- Responsible for the application of imaging guidelines and
standards in accordance with current practices.
- Patient Care activities include, but not limited to:
- Follows supervisors direction and job assignments daily with
flexibility as changes necessitate.
- Reviews Ultrasound orders to assess correctness of examination
requested and any patient special needs or conditions.
- Ensures correct patient for each procedure using proper
standards for identification.
- Communicates with all patients professionally at all times
while looking for opportunities to exceed their expectations.
- Provides instructions /educates patients and/or significant
others on examinations to be performed when necessary
- Maintains cleanliness and proper working order of assigned
equipment, examination rooms and overall appearance of department
and facility. -
- Greets and assists patients when visiting - the department and
when assistance is necessary while in the hospital
- Immediately provides supervisor with detailed information on
any safety concerns for patients or staff - that may impact care or
- Has knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for
the clinical aspect of the department.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care
- Actively participates in Patient Experience; Performance
Improvement projects for clinical areas and with annual Gallup
- Activity participates in assigned meetings. This facility is an
equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and
local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , Ultrasound Tech PRN Lampasas, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!