Poison Information Specialist 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Poison Information Spec RN 1 serves as an
information resource to provide professionals and the public with
information on poisonous substances including assessing emergency
situations, referring individuals to appropriate treatment sources,
and documenting all interactions.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
- Provides telephone consultation for potential and actual
- Talks calmly and in a caring manner with all callers and
quickly gathers all information needed to assess the
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of toxicologic concepts
and patient care as related to age, weight and race.
- Accurately assesses the severity of emergencies and effectively
delivers treatment and referral information to aid the caller.
- Participates in triage of potentially suicidal individuals and
contributes to successful resolutions.
- Provides timely telephone follow-up for all potentially harmful
exposures in accordance with department policies and
- Records and documents all Texas Poison Center Network (TPCN)
interactions in order to fully document poison occurrences.
- Collects and records poison information according to Texas
Poison Center Network policies, standards of practice, and in
compliance with AAPCC standards.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Toxicological Care modalities,
therapies, terminology, medications and equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
email.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Associate's
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of
ExperienceCertification/License/Registration:Registered Nurse AND
Cert Spec in Poison Control OR, Cert Spec in Poison Control within
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Poison Information Specialist 1, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!