RN Stroke Neuro Unit
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
-10k Sign On bonus
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a licensed professional who uses the
BSWH nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient care
delivery by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the RN
assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on
responses to health problems, develops and implements an
individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
The RN promotes safe passage for their patients by using knowledge
of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients
to transition through the healthcare encounter without any
preventable complications or delays. The RN delegates interventions
to health care personnel based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act,
each patient's condition and the competencies of the employee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Clinical Judgment: Using clinical reasoning, conducts accurate
clinical assessments according to practice standards. Identifies
and prioritizes patient and family needs. Develops, implements and
evaluates the nursing plan of care. Modifies plan to meet clinical
- Clinical Inquiry: Systematically evaluates the quality and
effectiveness of nursing practice, including, but not limited to,
nursing sensitive indicators. Supports evidence-based practice
changes through research utilization and experiential learning.
Participates in quality/performance improvement
- Caring Practices: Creates a compassionate, supportive, safe and
therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. Develops
therapeutic relationships with patient and family and maintains
appropriate boundaries. Manages both emotional and physical pain
with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing
- Response to Diversity: Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates
a patient's and family's unique differences, such as culture,
spiritual beliefs, gender, race, ethnicity, lifestyle,
socioeconomic status, age, and values, into an individualized plan
- Advocacy and Moral Agency: Preserves and protects the
confidentiality, autonomy, dignity and rights of patient and family
and represents their concerns. Creates an individualized plan that
accurately reflects patient and family values and goals. Identifies
and helps resolve ethical and clinical concerns.
- Facilitation of Learning: Facilitates learning for patients and
families, nursing staff, other members of the health care team and
community; integrating appropriate education throughout the
continuum of care to help them participate and/or make informed
decisions about their health care and treatments, including health
promotion and disease prevention. Assesses and documents learning
needs and outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively and interdependently with
colleagues and community to develop and implement an integrated
plan of care. Open and sensitive to all team members' unique
contributions. Delegates tasks and care to appropriate staff and
ensures timely follow-up.
- Systems Thinking: Uses strategies and available resources for
problem-solving for patients, family and staff. Recognizes that
resources are limited and considers factors related to safety,
effectiveness and efficiency in planning and delivering patient
- Professionalism: Improves nursing practice and the work
environment through participating in shared governance and
decision-making processes and meaningfully recognizing the
contributions of others. Participates in the staffing process from
education and planning to evaluation. Identifies personal goals and
commits to ongoing professional growth through continuing
education, networking with professional colleagues, membership and
involvement in professional nursing organizations, self-study,
professional reading, certification and seeking advanced degrees.
Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues
and others. Demonstrates commitment to community service.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and
patient privacy rights.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients
and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff
members and physicians/providers.
- Ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care
to all patients through the nursing process and standards of
nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of
human experience and to develop, evaluate, implement and, as
necessary, modify a patient care plan to meet the needs of
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- -Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- -401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- -Tuition Reimbursement
- -PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
#featuredjob422 - -
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- MAJOR - Nursing
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , RN Stroke Neuro Unit, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!