Poison Information Specialist 1 PRN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Poison Information Spec RN 1 serves as an information resource
to provide professionals and the public with information on
poisonous substances including assessing emergency situations,
referring individuals to appropriate treatment sources, and
documenting all interactions.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Provides telephone consultation for potential and actual
* Talks calmly and in a caring manner with all callers and quickly
gathers all information needed to assess the situation.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of toxicologic concepts and
patient care as related to age, weight and race.
* Accurately assesses the severity of emergencies and effectively
delivers treatment and referral information to aid the caller.
* Participates in triage of potentially suicidal individuals and
contributes to successful resolutions.
* Provides timely telephone follow-up for all potentially harmful
exposures in accordance with department policies and
* Records and documents all Texas Poison Center Network (TPCN)
interactions in order to fully document poison occurrences.
* Collects and records poison information according to Texas Poison
Center Network policies, standards of practice, and in compliance
with AAPCC standards.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* General understanding of Toxicological Care modalities,
therapies, terminology, medications and equipment.
* Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
* Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
* Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
* Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
* Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of
stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
* General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Associate's
* EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
Registered Nurse AND Cert Spec in Poison Control *OR*, Cert Spec in
Poison Control within 5 years
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Poison Information Specialist 1 PRN, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!