Dialysis Tech 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Dialysis Technician 2, under the direction of the Dialysis
Nursing Team, administers dialysis therapy to patients, while
adhering to nursing and patient treatment protocols using skills
learned on the job. Performs venipuncture techniques and sets up
and monitors equipment during dialysis treatment.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Measures and records vital signs prior to initiating patient
treatment. Administers and records approved medications.
* Performs and records pre-dialysis, intradialytic and
post-dialysis checks as per policy, and reports abnormal findings
to the appropriate staff member prior to initiation or
discontinuation of patient treatment. Initiates and terminates
treatment per policy. Performs transonic evaluation as
* Appropriately administers local anesthesia when accessing
hemodialysis grafts/fistulas and monitors patient access during
dialysis and reports/records information.
* Rotates through the acute hemodialysis unit, and performs
hemodialysis treatment on isolation patients as assigned.
* Assembles necessary equipment and supplies at each dialysis
station to ensure that necessary supplies are consistently
* Sets up and verifies accurate functioning of all equipment
according to departmental requirements.
* Starts up and shuts down water system, mixes bicarbonate solution
and performs safety checks using established procedures.
* Interacts with patients and other staff in a manner that follows
Standards of Conduct and demonstrates professionalism at all times.
Sets example for existing and new staff in maintaining professional
boundaries in the patient care area, and assists new staff in
understanding the expected standards of behavior.
* Participates in performance improvement and research activities.
Serves as preceptor for new staff, ancillary staff and students.
Assists in the training of new personnel, and acts as a preceptor
and\or resource person to other Patient Care Technicians.
Participates in self evaluations when requested, setting realistic
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* General understanding of Dialysis Care modalities, therapies,
terminology, standards, medications and equipment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the unit's water treatment
* Able to perform high quality Dialysis procedures in a timely and
accurate manner and in compliance with established standards,
policies and procedures.
* Assists in the development of department policies and procedures
which will promote the highest quality patient care.
* Successfully completes all components of the dialysis training
course within the allotted timeframe. This includes all skills
checklists and written exams.
* Ability to read, write, and understand instructions.
* Ability to use a calculator to calibrate equipment for patient
* Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
* Able to relate and interact with patients in a professional
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 1 Year of Experience
* Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
* Cert Cln Hemo Tech (CCHT), Cert Cln Hemo Tech - BONENT
(CCHT-BON), Cert Dialysis Tech (CERTDIAL): Must have one of the
* CERTDIAL issued by NNCC
* CCHT-BON issued by BONENT.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Killeen , Dialysis Tech 2, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!