Company: PenFed Credit Union
Location: Harker Heights
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Overview The future of PenFed starts with you! Our goal at
PenFed is to empower our members to "Do Better" financially. Do you
have a passion to do meaningful work? Our teams' mission is to
provide our members the tools to reach their financial goals. Here
at PenFed, our members are like family and we believe everyone who
dreams big and works hard deserves great rates and rewards. If you
agree, you belong here. PenFed is hiring a Teller at our Harker
Heights, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to
assist with members service needs in form of selling of products,
completing teller transactions, accurate balancing and performing
additional operational duties. This position can also assist in the
training of other branch employees. This position will play a vital
role in delivering Best in Class Member Experience. The incumbent
will work directly with the Branch Service Representative (BSR)
sales team utilizing sales techniques to uncover member needs while
creating a positive member experience. Responsibilities Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform
other duties as assigned.
- Assist & Greet current prospective members in person or on the
- Evaluate needs of potential members and offers appropriate
financial products and services.
- Identify sales opportunities using open ended questions to
uncover financial needs, while presenting options and alternative
- Maintain knowledge of PenFed's products and services such as
membership, checking, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Provide ongoing relationship with current members to gain
additional services. Utilize sales techniques to uncover member
needs and match to the credit union products and serve
- Assist and educate members on the use of PenFed Online (PFOL),
mobile banking and other remote channels of banking. Assist members
and explains all PenFed products and serv
- Resolve complex member problems using various PenFed channels
within delegated limits as appropriate.
- Prepare loan documents for review and disbursement as
- Maintain knowledge of operations, security, balancing
procedures and rules and regulations concerning the ATMs and
- Maintain knowledge of PenFed policies and procedures.
- Remain current on outside competitive products.
- Conduct quality assurance monitoring of documents to be sent to
- Provide input to and assists in the implementation of new
- Conduct member transactions when requested.
- Maintain teller cash drawer limits within PenFed policies and
- Balance cash drawer daily and prepares individual settlement
- Maintain accurate records of deposits, withdrawals, official
checks, POS, and share drafts.
- Assist with the daily balancing and closing out of the
- Assist in training of new teammates.
- Perform various Universal Representative (UR) responsibilities
that may include, but not limited to, determining loan payoffs,
cashes checks, furnishing loan and share balances, provide account
numbers, and disburses share withdrawals after verifying proper
- Provide support to other branches to include working weekends
and/or extended hours as required to operate the business.
- Support additional PenFed initiatives to support needs of
members, and business. Qualifications Equivalent combination of
education and experience is considered.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of superior customer service experience
- Teller experience is preferred. Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required. Work
Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate
noise. Most roles require working in an office setting with
moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. Travel Ability to
travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required. About
Us Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country's
strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2
million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in
all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam,
Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we
are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide,
via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. We provide
our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust
medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off,
401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger
locations, and more. Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed management
will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not
discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person
because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a
physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic
information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by
applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training,
compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments,
facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all
other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit
retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of
discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation
of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified
individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or
perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a
direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and
the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if
the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact
human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for
accommodation at .
Keywords: PenFed Credit Union, Killeen , Teller, Other , Harker Heights, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!