Company: Cedar Crest Hospital
Posted on: November 23, 2022
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Assist with planning, developing, organizing,
implementing and directing individual and group
activities/recreation within the facility. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Organize, lead and promote interest in recreational activities
to patients and their families.
- Serve as a resource for new patients introducing them to other
patients and staff, explaining programs and encouraging
- Explain the rules of activities and instruct participants at a
variety of skill levels.
- Document activity interventions and patient progress in the
medical record per facility documentation requirements.
- Seek supervision and support when complications arise in
dealing with a patient either in an individual or group
- Enforce safety rules to prevent injury and modify activities to
suit the needs of specific groups.
- Organize and set up the equipment that is used in recreational
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree in activity therapy or related field
- Previous experience in recreation in a healthcare setting with
knowledge of patient population served by the facility also
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Keywords: Cedar Crest Hospital, Killeen , Activity Assistant, Other , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!