Company: Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is responsible for assisting in the
delivery of personalized, professional and quality patient care,
internal and external customer service, performance of diagnostic
and invasive Ultrasound examinations, transportation of patients to
and from Imaging Services, preparation of all departmental
paperwork, answering the department's telephone, scheduling of
patients, entering and retrieving patient information from the
Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Hospital
Information System (HIS) and maintaining the work area in a clean
and organized manner.Eligible for a $7,500 Sign-on Bonus upon
successful completion of 90-days of employment.
- Maintains effective communication with medical staff,
administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding
principles into its radiology practice.
- Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a
personalized, professional and quality manner.
- Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal
accrediting and licensing bodies' requirements are met.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with
the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of
- Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management
immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of
- Explains Ultrasound procedure to the patient and/or family
member in a thorough and professional manner.
- Performs diagnostic Ultrasound procedures ascertaining
appropriate imaging parameters are utilized, providing physician
with a quality diagnostic procedure.
- Assists the physician in performing invasive and biopsy
procedures using sterile technique.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Picture
Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital
Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
- Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the
patient is comfortable in the department. Seeks additional nursing
or physician assistance when necessary.
- Transports patients to and from Imaging Services ascertaining
that the patient is relocated without injury or incident.
- Orders supplies for the division, ensuring that patient care is
- Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are
compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Ascertains that patient charges are entered correctly.
- Releases patient information in accordance with policies and
procedures and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner
within three (3) rings.
- Schedules patient examinations according to departmental
- Maintains Ultrasound procedure rooms and work area in a clean
and organized manner.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:A. Education/Skills/Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Complete required education requirements to obtain ARDMS
- Previous employment as an Ultrasound Technologist preferred.B.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) preferred with Registered
Vascular Technologist (RVT) credentials.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through the American
- ARDMS and BLS must be current at all times during employment.
Must obtain ARDMS credentials within one (1) year of employment.
Keywords: Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, Killeen , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!