Loader Operator (Belton, TX)
Company: CRH Americas Materials Inc
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job ID: - 479640 Texas Materials -is a locally-based
construction company and building materials supplier, which is A
CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer
in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing
Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees
statewide. - Loader Operator The selected candidate will be
required to grade the quality of incoming materials and feed the
batch plants raw materials as well as control the placement of
incoming materials. Position Overview The Equipment Operator is
responsible for operating a variety of equipment for groundwork and
construction purposes. - The career field for "Equipment Operator"
includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions:
Equipment Operator (Grade and Pave Crew), Heavy Equipment Operator,
Roller Operator (Self-Propelled, Asphalt, Other than Asphalt),
Motor Grader Operator (Rough Grade), Concrete Grinder/Milling
Machine Operator, Backhoe Operator, Bobcat Operator, Bulldozer/Push
Dozer Operator, Concrete Finishing Machine Operator, Asphalt Paver
Machine Operator, Loader Operator. Key Responsibilities (Essential
Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe
working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety
Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer
major problems to the supervisor. -
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned. - Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible
hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy
equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a
variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations
in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or
other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill
and the exercise of independent judgment. -Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move
objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate. The statements included in this
job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs About CRH Americas CRH Americas
-has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise. CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family! Texas Materials - is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know
more, please click on thislink.
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials Inc, Killeen , Loader Operator (Belton, TX), Other , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...