Regional Career Development Coordinator - WTE
Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ABOUT HBI:HBI has been training and educating America's home
construction workforce for more than 40 years. Our proven business
model has helped countless individuals create long-term career
opportunities. Over the years, we have continued to build our
program offerings and expand our footprint in the construction
industry. From innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we
remain committed to building careers and changing lives.
Our programs teach highly sought after technical construction
trades and entrepreneurship to youth aged 16-24 in our Job Corps
programs, Military Services, our Academies, and programs for adults
and youth operating behind the fence in correctional
facilities..GENERAL DESCRIPTION:Under the direct supervision of the
Operations Manager, assists with and coordinates the day-to-day
activities, projects, instructional operations, job development,
and placement for the PACT Programs. This position will attend
statewide meetings representing HBI and will support the
development program initiatives.PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Coordinates activities and cooperation between HBI program
partners, off-site community-based organizations, project
construction contractors and their subcontractors and others.
- Fosters a positive working relationship with and between
funders, program partners, and other personnel.
- Serves as HBI's liaison and spokesperson to program
- Assists instructors with identifying community service project
opportunities that enhance the learning experience of the
- Provides employability skills training to participants,
contacts prospective employers, and develops job opportunities for
graduates when appropriate.
- Works closely with WTE team members in fulfilling placement and
follow-up needs of programs as applicable with documentation.
- Regularly communicates with the National Placement Manager and
peers in other regions for job development and placement
opportunities for students relocating to other areas.
- Places students in employment as required by contractual
- Conducts periodic follow-ups on students' progress after the
initial job placement.
- Develops job/career placement opportunities for all PACT
- Places PACT graduates in full-time employment with industry
- Develops contacts, facilitates classroom visits and
disseminates information to builders, contractors, and related
- Observes training classes and assists instructors when needed
to include curriculum and program design, becoming acquainted with
participants, assisting instructors or participants with
- Implements and participates in outreach and recruitment
- Plans, supervises and participates in group orientations and
small group interviews, introducing prospective students to the
- Approves and submits statistical reports, as required, to
- Supervises employment follow-up for program graduates.
- Assists instructors with distribution and inventory of tools,
materials and equipment to students.
- Collaborates with NPM and other RCDCs Nationwide to connect the
most opportunities available to all HBI Academy Graduates
- Recruits screens and selects the most appropriate students for
the program to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied.
- Maintains accurate and current program files.
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable HBI quality standards.
- Represents HBI at conferences, functions, and meetings with an
eye towards program development.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to
complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal
background screening, and/or a workplace productivity
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or
designee. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:Internal: Communicates with the
Associate Vice President, Operations Manager, National Placement
Manager, Regional Program Manager, Recruiters, Instructors and
other RCDC'sExternal: Communicates with program partners, funders,
Home Builders Associations and other partner agencies, employers,
and community non-profit organizations.
Education Bachelor's degree in a human services or related field,
or an equivalent combination of training, skills and experience.
- A Minimum of one (1) year related experience (e.g., career
development, counseling, and/or project/program management, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of
individuals, including government, industry, trade associations,
labor organizations, journey and master-level crafts people,
managers and instructors.
- Budget oversight and development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Excellent supervisory skills including hiring, coaching, staff
development, discipline, and performance management.
- Knowledge of the construction trades preferred.
- Work and/or involvement with job placement for hard-to-serve
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.WORKING
CONDITIONS:Usual office-type working conditions. Routine physical
conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening
and sitting.Note: All new hires may be required to submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination status. HBI offers a competitive salary and
benefits program.HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other protected characteristic as
established by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Killeen , Regional Career Development Coordinator - WTE, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...