Service Coordinator 2- HCS IDD
Company: CENTRAL COUNTIES CENTER FOR MENTAL
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Belton - IDD Mary Jane - Belton, TX
4 Year Degree
$19.09 - $20.57 Hourly
Service Coordinator 2- HCS IDD - 1692
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Serves as the primary Service Coordinator for
the consumer on his or her caseload currently being served in the
Home and Community-based Services and/or Texas Home Living waiver
programs. Responsible for the development of a relevant Person
Directed Plan (PDP) based on the needs and desires of the consumer
and the ongoing evaluation of the plan. Facilitates planning
meeting discussions to discover these needs. Responsible for the
service planning, monitoring of the plan, crisis prevention, and
assessment of each assigned consumer. Works closely with a network
of internal and external service providers. Responsible for
completing accurate documentation within the timeframes set forth
by the unit and HHSC. Work involves serving as a liaison between
clients and their families in obtaining assistance and
rehabilitative treatment. May provide guidance to others. Works
under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of
initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to the Work Values and Behavior Addendum and demonstrate
the qualities listed of: high ethical values, trustworthiness,
integrity, cooperation, personal accountability, cultural
sensitivity, conflict resolution and problem solving, appreciation
and recognition, and respect and dignity. All of these qualities
along with regular attendance, dependability, and promptness are
required to provide quality and consistent services to IDD
- Interact effectively and create and maintain a professional
working relationship with all individuals, internally as well as
externally. Willing to accept coaching and constructive criticism
from others while developing effective working relationships with
all team members. Support team concepts and cooperate with others
to achieve team objectives.
- Assessment: Responsible for the assessment of consumer needs
based on the discovery process using the appropriate tools.
Completes Service Coordination Assessment upon enrollment,
annually, or as status changes.
- Service Planning: Service Planning: Responsible for the
development and ongoing evaluation of the Person Directed Plan,
including facilitating the planning team meeting. 45-60 days prior
to expiration of implementation date SC will meet with consumer to
identify needs for following plan year. All required paperwork
needs to be submitted to Administrative Assistant within 10 days of
the meeting date. SC turns the plan in to Administrative Assistant
no later than 30 days prior to expiration and sends an email to
request objectives from the providers. SC will also send the plan
to HRC, if needed. May counsel clients and families on community
facility placements related to services. May participate with the
school system for client service planning.
- Monitoring of the Plan: Responsible for making face to face
contacts with consumers on assigned caseload based on the frequency
set forth in the Person Directed Plan. Responsible for meeting the
unit policy regarding meeting an A (51-face to face) goal of 95%
and a B (52-additional face to face or collateral contact) goal of
100%. Documents delivery and satisfaction and progress or lack of
progress for both GR and non-GR services at least once every 90
days. May approve, coordinate and monitor clients trust funds.
- Documentation: Responsible for entering and final approving
service tickets/progress notes into the Electronic Health Record
(EHR) every Monday by 5pm for the previous week. This deadline will
be superseded by the Encounter Data deadline issued by the IDD Data
- Communication: Responsible for carrying a work cell phone and
returning calls from the office phone and work cell phone by 5pm
the next business day. Responsible for checking emails daily and
responding by 5pm the next business day. Must contact Supervisor
when out for the day or running more than 15 minutes late. Must
indicate on board where they are going and a general time of when
they should be returning.
- Participate in the Random Moment Time Study as required,
including completing the required training.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Regular attendance, dependability, and promptness are required
for the 8-5 work day or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to
ensure consistency and completeness of programs processes.
- Professional Development - Successfully complete training
required to maintain skill competency and cross training to ensure
consistency across program procedures. Complete continuing
education as required by professional standards and the Center.
- Frequent daily driving within the catchment area is required.
- Experience in a field relating to the agency program
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
with a major course work in a field relevant to the assignment.
- Central Counties Services incorporates principles of
trauma-informed care, which includes cultural sensitivity, in all
areas of service delivery. All job descriptions include the
responsibility to learn about and implement trauma-informed
practices within the scope of work for the position.
- Ability to facilitate planning team meetings and develop the
Person Directed Plan (PDP) based on the needs and desires of the
consumer and family/guardian.
- Ability to assess the consumers situation and revise the PDP
- Responds to consumer crises in a responsive and timely
- Ability to interview all relevant persons in the discovery
- Ability to complete plan documentation and progress note
documentation within timeframes set by the division. Documentation
must be timely and accurate.
- Ability to proficiently utilize computer programs, e.g.,
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to see, hear and talk effectively within job
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to effectively handle potentially aggressive behavior
in a positive manner.
- Relationship Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement
and Policies and Procedures Manual contributing to an environment
of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and
- Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives
without constant supervision.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when
representing the Center.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor,
individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of
activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public
using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
- Additional Requirements
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an
acceptable driving record.
- Regular attendance and reliability is critical to business
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Central Counties Services is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by state or
Keywords: CENTRAL COUNTIES CENTER FOR MENTAL, Killeen , Service Coordinator 2- HCS IDD, Other , Belton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...