Nutrition Service Specialist
Company: AdventHealth Central Texas
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Description Nutrition Services Specialist - AdventHealth Rollins Brook Work Hours/Shift:Part Time Day Shift, including weekends Location Address: 608 N Key Ave, Lampasas, TX 76550 Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Rollins Brook
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity You Will Be Responsible For:
- Understands and adheres to department polices and guidelines to affect compliance to state, federal, and regulatory standards, including, but not limited to:
- HACCP Program,
- Sanitation and Safety Inspections, and
- Temperature Logs.
- Actively participates in the daily production of all food, as assigned.
- Prepares all foods according to the Nutrition Services Departments standardized recipes. Consistently produces high quality food for all assigned areas.
- Serves on patient trayline and in catering, as assigned.
- Maintains work area in clean, neat, and organized manner.
- Conveys all pertinent information to Nutrition Services Supervisor and/or his designee in a timely manner.
- Performs cleaning on assigned equipment at the regularly scheduled intervals.
- Attends department and section meetings and/or in-services regularly.
- Ensures that all assignments are completed within established timelines and standards.
- Interacts with departmental employees, organizational staff, physicians, patients, and families as appropriate.
- Practices customer service skills consistently and with genuine conviction. Qualifications What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or GED REQUIRED
- Two (2) years of experience in quantity cooking REQUIRED
- Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Bell County Food Handlers Card preferred Job Summary: Under the direction of the RBCH Nutrition Services Supervisor, cooks, prepares, and garnishes foods for patients, staff, customers, and special events, completes patient services functions, and performs other duties as assigned. To this end, this position:
- Demonstrates skills of recognized cooking methods,
- Ensures compliance to department standards as aligned with state, federal, and regulatory safety and sanitation standards,
- Demonstrates knowledge of standardized recipes and rationale for adherence to these, and
- Inventories and stocks patient nourishment areas efficiently and accurately. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen , Nutrition Service Specialist, Other , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!