Location Transportation Manager
Company: Livestock Nutrition Center LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company OverviewLivestock Nutrition Center specializes in
blending customized rations, supplements and premixes to meet the
specific nutritional needs of Livestock Producer's operations. We
understand that management, performance objectives and feeding
practices can be vastly different between operations, and that
these differences dictate specific nutritional or formulation
requirements. Our experienced sales staff and nutritionist will
work with the Producer to design a feeding program that is specific
to their operation.Mission StatementOur Mission is to add value to
the suppliers and end users in the feed ingredient supply chain
through distribution, processing and service.---Guiding
PrincipleOur focus is to provide customized feeding programs,
nutritional products, and expert service to livestock producers
that promote their long-term success and profitability.Position
Summary:The Location Transportation Manager is responsible for the
direct management and supervision of LNC location driver headcount,
ensuring safe and timely movement of freight, load assignment and
providing best in class customer service using the LNC Perfect
Delivery Experience. This position will ensure LNC and its drivers
are in compliance with company and DOT regulations. Position to
monitor LNC personnel and external contacts to ensure the accurate
planning, routing, monitoring, equipment maintenance, customer
service and delivery of freight.Key Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain positive professional relationships with LNC
drivers and safe, reliable Outside Carriers to ensure seamless new
carrier set-up, minimize turnover and maximize ongoing productivity
of LNC products.
- Build and maintain constant and positive professional
relationships with LNC Sales and Production teams.
- Promote and execute the LNC Perfect Delivery Experience
initiative to LNC drivers and 3rd party contract drivers. The
Location Transportation Manager will train all drivers to ensure
they have the skills and attitude to carry out this commitment to
- Assign loads daily and plan, route, and monitor freight
movement to provide safe, on-time service which meet customer
requirements. This includes managing exceptions on that freight and
driver ETA adjustments based on pick-up and delivery schedules, and
other environmental factors on the road.
- Monitor freight rates using the LNC freight calculator and
other freight calculations. Communicate with other LNC team members
to ensure correct freight rates are being applied to the freight
- Maintain the Company's safety culture to include daily driver
safety messages, monthly driver safety briefings, quarterly driver
training, annual reviews, and enforce company policies.
- Ensure DOT compliance and company safety requirements are being
- Work with drivers, customers, and company personnel to resolve
service issues, routing and/or planning, mechanical problems,
accessorial pay related issues, etc. as they occur throughout the
day and, where necessary, when on call.
- Manage LNC equipment including checking/inspecting equipment,
replace parts (ex. mud flaps), complete repairs, etc. and
coordinate with maintenance to ensure all regular preventative
maintenance services are scheduled on time and all safety related
mechanical issues are fixed for LNC equipment.
- Perform administrative duties such as payroll, management of
the Net-Revenue budget, driver counseling, accident reviews, filing
and documenting, resolving pay issues, analyzing P&L
statements, invoicing and/or creating operational or financial
- Manage inventory, assets, and assignment of drivers to balance
equipment in market.
- Conduct analysis of fleet operations and profitability. Make
recommendations for continuous improvement, determine, and measure
key performance indicators, and create, maintain and present
customer specific reporting and financial analysis through
face-to-face interactions at LNC location with Location Fulfillment
- Conduct training and orientation of drivers and/or employees
including the training and assistance with LNC personnel.
- Fill in for absent or unavailable personnel. Assist with
special projects related to optimizing fleet operations and
- Assist the Location Fulfillment Manager in hiring and coaching
drivers. Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of
Transportation/Logistics experience and/or 1-2 years of supervisory
- Ability to work across multiple shifts including nights and/or
weekends if needed.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of relevant professional
experience or 4-5 years of experience in the
- Ability to process information with high levels of
- Ability to assist in diagnosing maintenance issues with
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or
potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive
decisions based on informed judgment.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with
clients, vendors, and peers.
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations
and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Effective communication skills.
Keywords: Livestock Nutrition Center LLC, Killeen , Location Transportation Manager, Professions , Cameron, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!