Facility Maintenance Technician/BMS Operator - Relocate to Kuwait
Posted on: September 25, 2018
Manage daily maintenance operations and operate the Building Management System (BMS) at the Main Communications Facility (MCF) in support of the contract in Kuwait. The Facilities Maintenance Technician/BMS Operator provides supervision of subcontract foreign national employees to ensure compliance with the performance work statement (PWS) for operation and maintenance of infrastructure and utilities in the MCF through inspections and preventive/corrective maintenance. Concurrent duties include managing the BMS, responding to alarms, notifying appropriate management personnel, and initiating corrective actions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Operates, inspects and maintains Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors against approved benchmarks to include; HVAC, lighting, security, fire suppression, power generation, plumbing, electrical circuits, low-voltage electrical switchgear, and UPS systems
2. Performs routine checks and upgrades software as provided by the manufacturer to ensure optimal functioning of the BMS system
3. Monitors and verifies operation of all BMS field devices
4. Troubleshoots BMS system faults and develops repair solutions
5. Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., load, environmental, customer needs, etc.
6. Records maintenance data and generates reports as needed
7. Escorts foreign national subcontractors conducting PMCS and repairs of MCF critical system equipment
8. Provides technical/operational guidance to ensure compliance with the PWS while delivering results
9. Evaluates all maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and process work assignments
10. Maintains documentation for all malfunctions, repairs, maintenance, or changes to systems and/or equipment
11. Provides reports on all life safety, quality, and maintenance issues
12. Provides a safe and secure workplace
13. Provide materials requisition support for the section
14. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System
2. MIRCOM Pro 2000 alarm controls and panel
3. Access Controls/CCTV, surveillance cameras, hardware and software
4. Microsoft Office software for producing written documents
5. Hand and power tools required to perform maintenance
Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures - up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift as required.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an Engineering field, or equivalent experience
2. Industry and trade certifications are required
3. Specific training in the operation of Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System is required
1. 7-10 years of facilities maintenance experience with 3-5 years working with Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management Systems
2. 5-7 years of experience planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC)
3. Working knowledge of electrical systems including secondary distribution and interior systems
4. Hands-on experience with electrical circuits, power cables, controls, motor, etc.
5. Ability to read blue prints, single-line diagrams, and rough shop drawings
6. Must possess strong knowledge in a skilled-trade (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
7. Requires ability to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions, and take corrective actions as required
8. Knowledge of U.S. Army Safety Guidelines and OSHA Standards
1. Strong leadership and analytical skills
2. Effective communication and organizational skills
3. Good interpersonal and people management skills
4. Mastery of engineering skills, and associated tools/machinery required by the position
5. U.S. Citizenship required
6. U.S. Government-issued Secret Security clearance, or higher, required.
Responsible for escorting/overseeing Foreign National Subcontract personnel onto the facility grounds, and inside the secured facility, to conduct PMCS and repairs of associated systems
Keywords: Vectrus, Killeen , Facility Maintenance Technician/BMS Operator - Relocate to Kuwait, Professions , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!